Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

Ok so I heard that my ground was the problem to my subwoofer kicking off, well I moved it around to no avail... I checked the terminals inside my box and the subwoofer coils were wired to the terminals perfectly with soldered ends... It doesnt matter if im driving or not it kicks off when it wants to. I moved my power wire, ground and remote around in several areas of the car all the way to the deck, even the RCA's and it did no kick the sub off, but randomly itwould kick it... I felt the amp after 20 minutes of bumping its a little warm but nothing to worry about ive listened to this amp on full tilt before it's not overheating... Connections seem fine and my solder connections on the sub box are solid what could it be?

btw its a brand new sub... one question I have is my ground wire at one point was almost severed in half but i put it back together and taped it could that cause a weak connection? the weird part is , is that my subwoofer still moves a bit when it kicks off its not like it completely stops moving, and then it will just kick on and move a ton and pound... It doesnt make much sense it has been fine all the way until this point... I set my amp gains fine so i had no clipping i mean the sub is new im only running 400RMS to it. The weird thing I noticed which may be fine is that my amps light blinks when the bass hits it's not like a big blink but it dims quite a bit, what could that mean? I mean does anoyne know why a sub would just kick off like that? and still be working and then kick on and pound twice as hard?

Also im using 8 gauge ground and 8 gauge power and 12 gauge speaker wire in my box on all terminals... I have 5 gauge wire ubt its not long enough to use as power, so I could run it as ground, but I don't want to do that unless I know for sure its my ground...

img0106wa.jpg

That's my ground, it seems stable and I believe that's to the frame... So I'm sure it's that.

img0107l.jpg

That's my amp how they're all connected.

you could have an internal connection come lose,where is your amp mounted? also maby your electrical is beginning to fail have you had your alt or your battery tested?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

could be that the amp doesnt want to power that sub u have and thats why it keeps kicking off, ur amp is saying this is way too much for me to handle. Its just a thought though i might be wrong.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

No I hooked it up for 2 ohms, I've been playing the system fine for like 2 weeks now and it just started doing this... The voltages on the amp are fine, wires should be fine I honestly don't get it. my amp just sits next to the box its not mounted to anything. Battery and Alt are brand new as well as my deck and subwoofer amp is the only odd part... But it should be fine ive run it at full tilt before with my previous subs now im being a little more conservative with my adjustments setting it with a DMM.

It's really random how it just started doing that, and if my amps WAS kicking off why would my subwoofer still move?

So I just went outside played a bunch of different songs at max listening level for like 20 minutes with the car on... I noticed if I turned the gain down a little the power light dimmed a lot less.. The sub did NOT kick off once during this session, it didnt do anything at all I wiggled all the wires like crazy, if there was a loose wire I would have deffinatly known. My biggest question is, if an amp kicked off wouldnt the sub stop moving altogether? I mean honestly, I don't get it... why would the sub still move and then start moving rapidly when it kicks back on, most amps I know kicking off from overuse the sub goes completely off... I guess it couldnt hurt to change out my ground wiring just incase I think my problem MAY BE my amp or my power wire, but I just don't understand what I coudl have done to make it start doing this.

sounds like a bad amp to me.

fets going out.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

sounds like a bad amp to me.

fets going out.

That's not exactly what I wanted to hear lol foruntaly when I get my income tax I'm getting a new amp listed in my sig, but I need bump until then erm... Any reason why this would happen?

If it's that I still dont get why it just ran fine in my drive way... If my amp light doesnt go out when it kicks off then that means my amp isn't kicking off right? that it has to be my sub?

so heres the ideal:

BAD AMP

BAD SUB

BAD GROUND

BAD POWER FUSE HOLDER

haha so I'm lost now... I doubt its my sub since its wired fine and its new and can take twice the amp gives... I doubt its my power fuse holder, so if I replace my ground and it still does it what do you guys recommend? bad amp?

Archived