Second Skin Audio

can i change the peak Frequency?

PUNKYOU007

with my current setup i peak at 37Hz. what i was wondering is if i change the tuning of my box will my peak frequency change? or is that the peak frequency of my vehicle and no matter what i change? not really sure i would like to peak a little lower if i can but im not 100% clear on this.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

so my box is tuned to 38Hz and i peak at 37Hz. If i tuned a box to say 30 Hz what , in your best opinion, do you think my peak might be? I dont even know if thats something that can be guessed, just throwing it out there.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

so my box is tuned to 38Hz and i peak at 37Hz. If i tuned a box to say 30 Hz what , in your best opinion, do you think my peak might be? I dont even know if thats something that can be guessed, just throwing it out there.

From what I've read your box is probably ~38Hz... unless you built it with calculation of all displacement inside the box.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

It depends what the overwhelming peak is... if your box has a peak of +6dB and your cabin has a peak of +12dB then you're gonna have to build a pretty awful box to move your peak...

If the cabin peak is like +2dB and your box is +3db or so then you could easily re-tune but generally fighting the resonant frequency of your cabin is a losing battle. Sound deadening (adding or removing it) can move the resonant frequency a bit.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

From what I've read your box is probably ~38Hz... unless you built it with calculation of all displacement inside the box.

Right because i said "my box is tuned to 38 Hz".....

Thanks for the help guys, im gonna try my current box with some new equipment and moar power and see what happens if i dont like i guess ill rebuild, maybe with a removable port for testing.

d(-__-)b

Archived