Sundown Audio

Need Help Setting Old Amp(meade Or Anyone)

i ahve a lpf and a hpf knob and then a level knob then two switches a bass boost switch and a switch were u can choose lpf,hpf, and all were it is bass and music going throught the subs

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

hey can anyone help me even meade can u help i bet u can

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Assuming this is a sub amp then the lpf/hpf switch needs to be set on lpf. Lpf = Low Pass Filter and hpf = High Pass Filter. These determine the frequency range that the amp will play. For sub amps this will be low frequencies and for front stage amps this will be high. The lpf knob sets the frequency of the cut-off slope. The amplifier will only play at the frequency and lower that this knob is set to. Setting your frequency is a matter of personal preference. Some people like higher bass in the 40hz range and some people like deep bass in the 30hz range. I like deep bass so I keep my low pass filters set on 32hz. If you're using a ported box then you would do good to set the cut-off frequency at the tuning of the box. Or simply listen to some music and adjust it to your own tastes.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg