Sundown Audio

Need Help Setting Old Amp(meade Or Anyone)

i have a old amp and no manual i have read the gain post on how to set ur gains but it didnt help me alot just alittle i wanted to know i have a bass boost switch on my amp and a hpf and a lpf turn knobs along with the level knob how do i set those the lpf and hpf or do i just mess with them and can i set my level all the way up if the bass boost is off or is that bad need some help asap

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

can any one help me?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

there should be a switch that lets you choose between HPF and LPF. Make sure its on LPF, and then set your lpf at around 80 hz.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Bass boost is rough on the subs imo, my buddies mtx sub lasted 3 weeks of constant pounding, and after he turned the bass boost on it didnt last more than an hour

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

there should be a switch that lets you choose between HPF and LPF. Make sure its on LPF, and then set your lpf at around 80 hz.

ok ill do that but what should i do with my level can i turn it all the way up without it hurting the amp because i have the bass boost switch on off or where should i set my level at?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

ohh yea what would i put the hpf at zero and i need to know about the level

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

can someone please help i need to adjust this tomorrow so i can get the car back to my friend

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

i dont know how to set it i have no manual did u see were sean said like 80 hz is that high do u need to know all the knobs on my amp?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"