Second Skin Audio

Shape of enclosure for crx

I was wondering if the angle of my enclosure would affect its performance and db level? I built it so it would have more breathing room for the port but I didnt know if cutting at the angle would hurt anything. Any thoughts? By the way the box if far from done just wanted some feed back prior to continuing.

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

steven.jpg

Shaping your box on an angle is not going to adversely affect your bass as long as your volume is correct. In fact, your box may have less standing waves inside it than a square-sided box, so it will probably should a little better with the angle than without.

sweet thanks homie

steven.jpg

40hz and it's geared for burps? Ehhhh.... CRX's peak at more like 70hz+

I think you're diving into this way too fast. It won't just automatically be loud because its a CRX.

Slow down, read, research, plan, build.

EDIT: You probably would have been better off with sub up ports back with a single 18. With like 3 or 4 6" aeroports.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

40hz and it's geared for burps? Ehhhh.... CRX's peak at more like 70hz+

I think you're diving into this way too fast. It won't just automatically be loud because its a CRX.

Slow down, read, research, plan, build.

EDIT: You probably would have been better off with sub up ports back with a single 18. With like 3 or 4 6" aeroports.

Lol the reason I chose 40 hz is this is NOT just a burp box its for daily driving too. I am reading and researching all the time this will be just a temp setup til I get 2 15s or something then I will build 2 boxes 1 for burps one for daily. I just needed some reference on the shape thats all. Im also going to run 8'' aeroports found a few online for a reasonable price. Thanks for the input though I agree maybe moving a bit quick with it, but wood is cheap so the more enclosures I build for it the easier I'll see whats working...

steven.jpg