Second Skin Audio

Re Audio SX 12

i just recently bought this sub used for $160, good deal or what?

its 1000 rms and 2000 max, can it take more than 1000 rms (just curious)?

i have a kicker 750.1 will it do?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

It can "take" more than 1000w rms, but not for a continuous amount of time. they're good for short "burps" as they call it, but running that at 2000w for an extended period of time will shit all over the coils. That kicker amp will handle the sub just fine for daily. I'm assuming the amp is 750w @ 1 ohm, whats the impedance on the speaker?

It can "take" more than 1000w rms, but not for a continuous amount of time. they're good for short "burps" as they call it, but running that at 2000w for an extended period of time will shit all over the coils. That kicker amp will handle the sub just fine for daily. I'm assuming the amp is 750w @ 1 ohm, whats the impedance on the speaker?

the sub is dual 4 ohms. the kicker is 2 ohm stable @ 750 rms.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

not a bad deal. i think i sold mine for a little less but i dont really remember. they can take a little over rms. keep it under 1500w, 1200w would be good.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

not a bad deal. i think i sold mine for a little less but i dont really remember. they can take a little over rms. keep it under 1500w, 1200w would be good.

wow i love that setup! so unique (to me)! with the amp guts all showing damnnnn. 150 db's!!! i dont think i heard that in person. haha mad propz.

1200 rms? dang are you sure? what amp did you use?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

lol i take it you looked at my build log. i had mine around 1200. they got stinky some times but i was newer and listening to someone else who i believe told me "dont be afraid of a little clipping" so that should answer why it was clipping lol. but anyways, yes i think if you can keep the signal clean, 1200w should be fine. however, if you arnt very sure of yourself and your ability to design and tune a system then always go a little smaller. use that 750w amp untill you really know how to set everything up then start to look at bigger amps. dont push a sub to its limit till you know how to control it.

edit - i had an autotek

thank you :)

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol i take it you looked at my build log. i had mine around 1200. they got stinky some times but i was newer and listening to someone else who i believe told me "dont be afraid of a little clipping" so that should answer why it was clipping lol. but anyways, yes i think if you can keep the signal clean, 1200w should be fine. however, if you arnt very sure of yourself and your ability to design and tune a system then always go a little smaller. use that 750w amp untill you really know how to set everything up then start to look at bigger amps. dont push a sub to its limit till you know how to control it.

edit - i had an autotek

thank you :)

haha yeah i did looked at your log.

would it be a good idea to do the big 3 even though i have a stock alt/battery?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

haha yeah i did looked at your log.

would it be a good idea to do the big 3 even though i have a stock alt/battery?

It NEVER hurts to install the big 3, as long as the installation is done proper. If your lights dont dim or your voltage doesnt drop then it shouldnt be a problem, but installing would be good if you ever plan on beefing up your system one day by adding another SX or something. And running your speaker at 750rms is just fine, you can wire your speaker down to 2 or 8 ohms. Here's the wiring diagram to help you out

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

It NEVER hurts to install the big 3, as long as the installation is done proper. If your lights dont dim or your voltage doesnt drop then it shouldnt be a problem, but installing would be good if you ever plan on beefing up your system one day by adding another SX or something. And running your speaker at 750rms is just fine, you can wire your speaker down to 2 or 8 ohms. Here's the wiring diagram to help you out

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

so if i install the big 3 their might be a chance i wont get dimming/voltage drops? what if i do the big 3 and i still get dimming/voltage drops?

thanks alot.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

If you still get dimming/voltage drops, then you're going to have to look into investing in a larger battery and a HO alternator. Chances are you wont have to because your amp is under 1000w. Hopefully your stock electrical system can take a toll from that 750w amp, but you'll never know until you install it.

Edited by Ndnkobra