Help me decide on a car!

Ok so as soon as i get my tax money, im going to be looking for another car to put a down payment on... im absolutely SICK of driving a lifted truck! so anyways ive been doing some research on different cars... so i will give you some preferences and you can give me your recomendations... i may turn it into a poll once we get a few suggestions in here...

my preferences

2 door

4cyl

5spd

hatchback( just prefer... doesnt have to be..)

i want it to be a sporty little car( so no Dodge Neons!)

reliable vehicle

decent acceleration power(doesnt have to be race car)

budget of $3,000 and lower with under 150k miles

OH and i love pop-up headlights!

ok so that should give you an idea... i really love the look, feel, and style of the 93-97 Ford Probes... but ive heard that reliability isnt the greatest

also another favorite is the 93-95 Saturn sc2... i had a 94 sc1 and absolutely loved it... but if i get another saturn i would have to get the twin cam motor...

someone in the past suggested a Honda civic... but i know nothing about them except that they are dinky little cars and look very cheaply made..... but i could be wrong

so anyhow... suggest me some good compact cars and give me your opinnion on them!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

civics = reliable

id say definetly take the foreign route

how do they compare to others on power and stuff like that? and what years of civics look the sportiest? the ones ive seen just searching around look like sissy cars...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

I'd go with a turbo eclipse. nice clean fast car. lots of modifications to be had also.

EDIT: i personally like the 3rd gen eclipses myself. (see below)

third-generation-eclipse.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I'd go with a turbo eclipse. nice clean fast car. lots of modifications to be had also.

i appreciate the input guys... anyhow.. im thinkin that turbo= unreliable and shitty gas mileage.... because of the extra strain on the motor... but keep em commin!

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

i appreciate the input guys... anyhow.. im thinkin that turbo= unreliable and shitty gas mileage.... because of the extra strain on the motor... but keep em commin!

well then you can get a non-turbo eclipse either a regular 4 cyl or the GS (i think that is the model with the v6 tho)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived