Second Skin Audio

How do i calculate ROUND PORTS

ok... it is a rather easy answer... and james even gave you the formula... But you Guys dont have to be such fucking assholes about shit!

OT... 5 ports will have you just shy of 100sqin and 6 ports will have you a bit over..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ok... it is a rather easy answer... and james even gave you the formula... But you Guys dont have to be such fucking assholes about shit!

OT... 5 ports will have you just shy of 100sqin and 6 ports will have you a bit over..

thank you.

Edited by Percy

you know the saying, haters gonna hate..

its a forum. im sure if you used the search button and didnt turn up anything, then someone would be glad to help you. i havent done so myself.... but im damn sure that question has PROBABLY been asked before, and instead of asking a repeat topic that the older guys will mock - just browsing the forums in the search would probably let you find something..

if you cant find anything, and mention so then im sure you would have gotten a much more chill response.

-matt

Edited by glpg80

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

you know the saying, haters gonna hate..

its a forum. im sure if you used the search button and didnt turn up anything, then someone would be glad to help you. i havent done so myself.... but im damn sure that question has PROBABLY been asked before, and instead of asking a repeat topic that the older guys will mock - just browsing the forums in the search until you find something..

if you cant find anything, and mention it, im sure you would have gotten a much more chill response. who knows.

-matt

thanks for not being a dick about it, and yes i did do a quick search about it, didnt find exactly what i was lookin for

thank you.

roughly 18.84sqin per port.... and thats if the inside diameter is exactly 6" remember when building an enclosure you have to take into account the thickness of the port "walls" when determining port displacement

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

roughly 18.84sqin per port.... and thats if the inside diameter is exactly 6" remember when building an enclosure you have to take into account the thickness of the port "walls" when determining port displacement

okay cool, they looked rather thin. what if it has a flare is there a special way to calculate it?

easy way of not learning it

but for a 6" port you divide that by 2 to get the radius then X that by itself then x that by 3.14

3*3*3.14 =28.26

so for one 6" port you have 28.26^2 of port

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

or mabe i was wrong... idk... atleast i tried...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.