Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

air space


jrbennett93

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 jl audio 12w6d4 in a sealed box and I am looking for more bass at lower levels using a jl audio 1000/1 amp. currently I have them in a sealed double enclosure aftermarket box with about 1.3 airspace, would I do better with a different box?

Posted
I have 2 jl audio 12w6d4 in a sealed box and I am looking for more bass at lower levels using a jl audio 1000/1 amp. currently I have them in a sealed double enclosure aftermarket box with about 1.3 airspace, would I do better with a different box?

It all depends on what music you listen to most likely I would tell you to do a ported box like 4 to 4.5 cubes after displacement for them at about 35 hertz. How much room do you have in your trunk.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted

yea if you want a better box to be designed from the guys here, you need to provide your trunk dimensions.

Posted

short answer - the box design can make or break a killer deep sounding bass thats solid and works with your setup.

long answer - do you have access to a freq CD or a frequency analyzer?

if so, dont take out your sealed box just yet. figure out the resonance peak frequency in the vehicle, and that will allow you to know the tuning frequency of the port, and also give you the building requirments of the new box using port-to-box references.

what those exact numbers are i dont know. im sure someone could chime in and give you the specs.

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3064 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...