Second Skin Audio

Heres My Box

BeatBox

Wuts up guys, I been working on upgrading my sound system for my Jimmy.

Heres the box that I "almost" have done, just need to resin the inside but can unless im out size and its like 0 degrees so ill wait til it gets warmer.

I have 4-12" Earthquake DX's, box is 38 wide, 35 deep, 16 heigh and is tuned to 36hz :8) I think i might of "overdone" the bracing but better safe than sorry lol they are 3/8 threaded rods from HomeDepot.

The amp imma be running is a DDM2a.

Well heres some pics, Let me know wut you guys think! oh and THANKS to Chris (loburban) for the design.

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b3.jpg

b6.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Sry about the quality of the picture, they where taken from my phone :unknw:

thats a pretty pimp way to have the outside nut on, i think i may have to steal that!

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

whats the size of that port? it looks too short to be 36hz...

3/8"s rod, single baffle. you didnt over do it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

that doesnt help lol. how long is it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

with a net box volume of 8.8 cubic feet i get 43hz tuning from that port.

a 36hz port that size would need to be around 25" long

with a net box volume of 8.8 cubic feet i get 43hz tuning from that port.

a 36hz port that size would need to be around 25" long

:cray: would making it longer help? thats wut he said it was tuned to and ive seen some of his video and looks like he knows wut he is doing. I dont know if i should leave it or ????

Archived