Sonic Electronix

Honestly the way that has worked best for me the past few years for almost every amp install I do for bass is a volume control knob from PAC-Audio (Product Model LC1).It has an input and output that you run into from the headunit and out of to go to the amp.You set your gains on your amp and headunit and check for clipping from the headunit, then turn the bass knob up to the volume just before clipping and tune the amp accordingly.I've had amps that I've used from certain companies that come with a bass knob included that plugs into the amp through the jack but have had problems with early clipping from some of them.With the bass knob it just changes the level of the signal going into the amp through the RCA jacks.Also the LC1 is a lot better cosmetically because you can disassemble it and mount it behind a panel and only have the knob showing, which is a lot more stylish than a big box that is hard to stash away somewhere.Feel free to PM me about disassembling the LC1 and hooking it up.Pretty simple though.

Edited by JBurt09

I would use neither one. Get your amp tuned. But if you want to use one or the other I would go with bass knob Whatever you do don't use the "loud" or "loudness" feature on your head unit.

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

i did basicly the same thing using my preamp eq. used the volume control for the subs so i can adjust on the fly for cops, family in car, or whatever. and just like stated above finding the clipping point is very important so you can ensure clean power for better equipment life.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

For the last 11 yrs or so I've only use the bass knob on my crossovers, i never use the bass knobs that comes with the amp, ( I have a shoe box with all of them in it ) never even blown a sub, or speaker. Just use the thing between your ears, and you'll be fine. That's just my O

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

thanks again, dont have a o scope so ill stick with the knob for now what should i set my headunit bass to 0 or what

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit