Sonic Electronix

why is it better to have higher rca output voltage or buy an eq

i have heard in the past to get like headunits that have atleast 4v preouts because its better for amp signal noise or something like that i would like to know why .. i also heard some people say that getting eq would make that voltage higher but i got no clue why can someone please explain? thanks in advance

cowboys_logo.gif

the higher the pre out voltage the lower you need to set your gains

and my line driver/Eq has adjustable preout up to 8 volts so with that i only need to turn my gain up 1/8t he the way up

but when buying EQ/ line driver make sure you get one that doesnt put out more volts then your amps imputs can handle you dont want to burn up your imput

aswell your eq will give you a cleaner signal being you have more control over what your doing

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

the higher the pre out voltage the lower you need to set your gains

and my line driver/Eq has adjustable preout up to 8 volts so with that i only need to turn my gain up 1/8t he the way up

but when buying EQ/ line driver make sure you get one that doesnt put out more volts then your amps imputs can handle you dont want to burn up your imput

aswell your eq will give you a cleaner signal being you have more control over what your doing

how do u know what ur volt inputs are in ur amps

cowboys_logo.gif

should say in manual

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

should say somthing like this

(example) Input Sensitivity : 0.5 - 4.0 volts

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Wish I could find my EQ. It was a nice one, just never got around to installing it before I lost it lulz. Oh wellz

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good guys here to help you out with any issues you have.

The gain knob on your amplifiers is used to set your amp's output according to how much input voltage the amp is seeing (why some amps have voltage markings on the gains, I know some Sony amps are that way at least.) The lower the voltage in, the higher the gain has to be for rated power. The higher the gain is, the harder the amp has to work. By using an input with higher voltage (like a higher-voltage pre-out head unit,) you make it easier for the amp to reach its rated output.

As for the EQ question, many EQ's have a built-in line driver that boosts the pre-out voltage. For example, this EQ ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion+EQS746.html ) takes a 50mv-4v preout from a head unit or other source, and converts it to a 7v output. You can also buy these line drivers separately.

EDIT: HOLY FUDGENUGGETS I got super ninja'd! :ph34r:

Too many projects, too little time...

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good guys here to help you out with any issues you have.

The gain knob on your amplifiers is used to set your amp's output according to how much input voltage the amp is seeing (why some amps have voltage markings on the gains, I know some Sony amps are that way at least.) The lower the voltage in, the higher the gain has to be for rated power. The higher the gain is, the harder the amp has to work. By using an input with higher voltage (like a higher-voltage pre-out head unit,) you make it easier for the amp to reach its rated output.

As for the EQ question, many EQ's have a built-in line driver that boosts the pre-out voltage. For example, this EQ ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion+EQS746.html ) takes a 50mv-4v preout from a head unit or other source, and converts it to a 7v output. You can also buy these line drivers separately.

EDIT: HOLY FUDGENUGGETS I got super ninja'd! :ph34r:

alright thank u guys just the answers i was looking for ..now i know what too look for when i do my upgrades

cowboys_logo.gif

Archived