Viper 5901 in a grand prix

thanks man and i do have access to directed i work at bby i actuallly wanted them to have me go to mecp but they hired soberbills instead which im glad

now at fist glance theres a million wires it looks kinda hard

oh and antenna placement?

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

thanks man and i do have access to directed i work at bby i actuallly wanted them to have me go to mecp but they hired soberbills instead which im glad

now at fist glance theres a million wires it looks kinda hard

oh and antenna placement?

directed is a lot nicer, so if you have access to that use it... and you dont need ALL those wires.... on mine, i used the main powers, ground, netural safety, brake, parkin lights, lock, unlock, door trigger, siren, tach, and the bypass.......

and i put my antenna up by my mirror, on the windsheild. the led isnt very bright, but my windsheild is tinted so i didnt expect it to show up anyway.. i put the antenna on a friend of mines truck on his a-pillar and you can see the led bright as hell...... just do it somewhere kinda high so you get good range out of it.......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

oh n also what about diodes and what not? the install manual says alot about diodes and some ppl say i need another key? i believe directechs says that too

edit: i didnt read the instructions on the bypass but figured out i do need my second key that thing is 70 bucks but oh well

so all i will need to connect is the bypass and powers, ground, netural safety, brake, parkin lights, lock, unlock, door trigger, siren, tach,

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

oh n also what about diodes and what not? the install manual says alot about diodes and some ppl say i need another key? i believe directechs says that too

edit: i didnt read the instructions on the bypass but figured out i do need my second key that thing is 70 bucks but oh well

so all i will need to connect is the bypass and powers, ground, netural safety, brake, parkin lights, lock, unlock, door trigger, siren, tach,

i just did the basic remote start alarm. theres other features on there.

you shouldnt need any diodes for this install. but you will need a spare key that cranks the vehicle. that key will go inside the bypass module. and the ring will go around the key cylinder. then on the bypass power harness, use only the red, black, and blue wires. red goes to constant, black to ground, and the blue wire goes to the blue wire on the alarm, the negative status output.

also, if theres a light under your dash that comes on whenever you open your door, that will do as a good door trigger to save you from running wires to the passenger kick and diode isolating the trigger wires..

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

sweet!!!

thhanks alot man

so the extra features would be like the window modules and what not?

is the shock sensor built in a good one? or do i should to buy one?

also how often do u charge ur remote? i am sitting here trying to become ONE with my alarm lol

thanks for tryin to teach this alarm noob a thing or two

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

yea, the extra stuff is like windows and other auxiliaries.. like, with your car, you might be interested in doing the trunk pop feature...

i have my shock sensor as sensitive as it gets, and i get warning chirps when it thunders out...

under the remote settings, you can choose the "paging mode" i have mine set to "on" which means every 4 seconds it checks with the car to make sure that everythings good.... this of course uses the battery more than the "power save" setting (which in my opinion makes a two-way paging alarm useless)...... BUT i charge mine like once every month and a half....... i got lucky thought, my phone has the same charger, so i charge mine going down the road on the car charger and it works pretty good....

make sure you read the manual thoroughly......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

yea, the extra stuff is like windows and other auxiliaries.. like, with your car, you might be interested in doing the trunk pop feature...

i have my shock sensor as sensitive as it gets, and i get warning chirps when it thunders out...

under the remote settings, you can choose the "paging mode" i have mine set to "on" which means every 4 seconds it checks with the car to make sure that everythings good.... this of course uses the battery more than the "power save" setting (which in my opinion makes a two-way paging alarm useless)...... BUT i charge mine like once every month and a half....... i got lucky thought, my phone has the same charger, so i charge mine going down the road on the car charger and it works pretty good....

make sure you read the manual thoroughly......

ya i been reading it through n through now i just gotta wait till friday and ill start workin on it i ill let u know how it went thanks again for the help

edit: and do u know how much the window module is i know its cheap through my accomidation but idk if that has expired yet

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

so i was reading about express kits can i get one to cut down on install time?

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

so i was reading about express kits can i get one to cut down on install time?

Literally everything on our cars is SOOO BASIC you won't need anything they have to offer... except maybe a transponder bypass for PK3 if your car is newer than 2000.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived