Some specs

4_032.png

Nice to see a full size car build, I have a Crown Vic, so I know how hard it is to get these beast loud. :)

Yea imo she could be alot louder. I think with a 2nd sub itll be right! Ill post a couple more pics after I get a chance to wash it n shit. Gotta little trunk flex to ha, Ill tryn make a vid

Rebuild in progress...

Im having problems getting my amp/headunit settings diald in. The gain on my amp is pry a little over half. Bass boost is mayb 1/4. Subsonic is like 5 below 32hz. And LPF around 60/80. The sub setting on my H/U is at 0. EQ settings are +1 I think, Mayb even 0. What should the "SLA" be set at? If I keep it at 0 and turn it up to 45/60 it doesnt slam. But when I have a couple settings at +2 or above it does. Some songs make my clipping light go off tho and I gotta turn shit down. Should I have everything on the deck set to 0 and turn up the gain/bass on the amp?

Rebuild in progress...

Im having problems getting my amp/headunit settings diald in. The gain on my amp is pry a little over half. Bass boost is mayb 1/4. Subsonic is like 5 below 32hz. And LPF around 60/80. The sub setting on my H/U is at 0. EQ settings are +1 I think, Mayb even 0. What should the "SLA" be set at? If I keep it at 0 and turn it up to 45/60 it doesnt slam. But when I have a couple settings at +2 or above it does. Some songs make my clipping light go off tho and I gotta turn shit down. Should I have everything on the deck set to 0 and turn up the gain/bass on the amp?

dont use the bass boost if ur gonna use the bass knob

put the subsonic 10 below because the numbers on the dial arent very accurate

lpf at 80

sub setting on eq needs to likely be all the way up

sla is how u adjust the difference from radio to cd (ever notice cds are louder/or ipod is louder, adjust this up or down so all sources are the same volume)

set eq to 0 before adjustin anything

get back to us when u reset ur sub level, this should give you more voltage, meaning u wont need the bass boost and gain will be lower

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

dont use the bass boost if ur gonna use the bass knob

put the subsonic 10 below because the numbers on the dial arent very accurate

lpf at 80

sub setting on eq needs to likely be all the way up

sla is how u adjust the difference from radio to cd (ever notice cds are louder/or ipod is louder, adjust this up or down so all sources are the same volume)

set eq to 0 before adjustin anything

get back to us when u reset ur sub level, this should give you more voltage, meaning u wont need the bass boost and gain will be lower

Yea my lpf is at about 80... Or I figure 90 would be half (20hz-200hz i think), Its a little less than half. Subsonic is around 10 below. Bass boost all the way down. Set the gain with a dmm to 34.9. Got my sub output to +5 sometimes +6. SLA's at 1. Had the loudness on low for a second n it didnt sound to bad. But idk what to set my "curve" to? Theirs a bunch of different frequencys. Like 3 or 4 different sets, 4 in each set. And each set has to be set the same. Either way their all +2N +1N -1W -2W? Any input on the "curve" settings should be set at? I havent really been getn on it yet either. My Volt meter shoulda allready been here, Waitn to install it so I can see what the voltage is doin

Rebuild in progress...

Yea my lpf is at about 80... Or I figure 90 would be half (20hz-200hz i think), Its a little less than half. Subsonic is around 10 below. Bass boost all the way down. Set the gain with a dmm to 34.9. Got my sub output to +5 sometimes +6. SLA's at 1. Had the loudness on low for a second n it didnt sound to bad. But idk what to set my "curve" to? Theirs a bunch of different frequencys. Like 3 or 4 different sets, 4 in each set. And each set has to be set the same. Either way their all +2N +1N -1W -2W? Any input on the "curve" settings should be set at? I havent really been getn on it yet either. My Volt meter shoulda allready been here, Waitn to install it so I can see what the voltage is doin

half would be 110hz

the eq wont be needed for bass, unless u have a Termlab RTA ur not gonna know what to do below 125hz

the eq curve choices mean 2narrow, 1 narrow, 1 wide, 2 wide

the wider the curve the more frequencies the eq affects whether u choose to + or -

the narrower the curve the more accurate the eq, but the less frequencies it affects

u dont need to set ur amp with a dmm at all

turn ur headunit up as far as ull ever turn it normally

have gain on amp at 0 and bass boost knob at 0

connect bass knob and turn bass knob up as far as u will ever turn it

play a -3db or -5db test tone at anywhere between 40-60hz

watch ur clip light and turn ur amp gain up til it just barely starts to blink, thats a soft clip

if u were to check that gain setting with a dmm it likely would be around 35v anyways, but its more accurate than guessing the rms ur amp is going to put out

what did u use to attach the bass knob to the metal above the ash tray?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

half would be 110hz

the eq wont be needed for bass, unless u have a Termlab RTA ur not gonna know what to do below 125hz

the eq curve choices mean 2narrow, 1 narrow, 1 wide, 2 wide

the wider the curve the more frequencies the eq affects whether u choose to + or -

the narrower the curve the more accurate the eq, but the less frequencies it affects

u dont need to set ur amp with a dmm at all

turn ur headunit up as far as ull ever turn it normally

have gain on amp at 0 and bass boost knob at 0

connect bass knob and turn bass knob up as far as u will ever turn it

play a -3db or -5db test tone at anywhere between 40-60hz

watch ur clip light and turn ur amp gain up til it just barely starts to blink, thats a soft clip

if u were to check that gain setting with a dmm it likely would be around 35v anyways, but its more accurate than guessing the rms ur amp is going to put out

what did u use to attach the bass knob to the metal above the ash tray?

Alright, Ill try setting it like that 2m. My volt meter should be here 2m also. I just used a piece of velcro that covers the entire thing. It doesnt move at all!

Rebuild in progress...

Archived