Okay so after hearing from some people that the cold weather call ruin subs, and all the moisture from living on the coast dont help i went and bought some stuff to make a temp. box for 2 12's i had sitting around. all this was gonna go in my mystique... then the tranny went. so i put off building the box until i got rolling again. well long story short i bought a car for $250 that i thought i was gonna have to fix up to get rolling. turned out it had a leaky base pan and a low oil shut off so i have to put about 1/2 quart of oil every week or so but no one believes its that same crappy car that sat on the wharf for about a year.

the box was built to fit my alpines which proved to be a problem that you'll see later on. And this is the first box ive made using decent bracing, 45's, or wood glue. but those other boxes were before i discovered SMD. anyway on to the pics.

wood all cut

Picture001-1.jpg

some all thread and nuts (slightly over kill for the subs im using)

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Then theres the subs. They are 2 RS 12's that i found in the garbage and i never leave a fallen woofer behind ^_^

Before i fixed them

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

then after my repairs

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Thats right RS stands for Radio Shack. i knew that if i put Radio Shack no one would look :lol:

Just dry fitting the box together. God damn thing kept falling over so i duct taped it together.

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

With the lid on

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

And 45's

Picture011-1.jpg

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

i couldnt find tite bond anywhere. Gorilla glue was like $16 for a little 2oz bottle. so it was either elmers or this.

Picture034.jpg

My pilot bit

Picture015.jpg

and counter sink bit

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

I had already bought a real counter sink bit but i lost it and i was too cheap to pay another $2.99 for a new one

I didnt get to take too many pics while i was actually building it.

Picture020.jpg

Picture023.jpg

These go between the port wall and the back wall.

Picture022.jpg

The 2 pieces coming together.

Picture024.jpg

And with everything glued and screwed in place

Picture033.jpg

Picture041.jpg

I decided to try some thing with the dust left in the box from cutting the sub holes out. i will now never cut mdf near and open flame.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

So like i said earlier i made to box to fit my alpines but...

Picture043.jpg

Picture045.jpg

little did i know they had different sized mounting holes. so they got inverted.

Picture047.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Edit: due to epic picture posting fail.

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

These are just a couple vids of me just testing it out on a crappy house amp. they are seeing around 10 clipped watts lol.

Playing some of Bigpimpin's C&S.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Once i get my amp wired up in my car i will post some in car vids to see what kind of destruction these baby's can do. :D

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

Good stuff bro! you do know inverting them changes the port freq. right? cuz of displacment.

but ne ways that box looks sick be nice to see some real power threw at em!

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

Good stuff bro! you do know inverting them changes the port freq. right? cuz of displacment.

but ne ways that box looks sick be nice to see some real power threw at em!

yes i no. since i had absolutley no idea the specs for these i used the ones from my alpines because it was better than guessing.

it was supposed to be 1.76 cubes @ 29.9Hz but because i inverted them its 2.05 cubes @ 27.7Hz. its tuned super low.

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery