Sonic Electronix

car: 1993 camry

system: kicker zx750.1 powering a 12" alpine type r, kicker zx350.4, rockford digital 1 farad cap, and using 4 and 8 gauge wires. stock electrical, 70/80 amp alt and a duralast battery >.<

i do get dimming and voltage drops, that is if i put the gain up a bit. the more i back down the gain the lesser i get dimming, regardless i still get the same results.

i would like to know what would be my best move? save money for a H/O alt? new battery? big 3 first?

thanks alot people. peace.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

So many threads.... Anyways, Big 3, power wire, and ground wire in at least 0/1. If you don't have the funds for a new alt. then a 2nd battery. You should be fine with that. Also, get rid of the cap.

So many threads.... Anyways, Big 3, power wire, and ground wire in at least 0/1. If you don't have the funds for a new alt. then a 2nd battery. You should be fine with that. Also, get rid of the cap.

so your saying to do the big 3 (4 gauge or 0 gauge?) and get a 2nd battery (what kind exactly?).

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

I told ya Big 3 is the cheapest and quickest. All you need is 10 or 15 ft of wire and 30 min. Let's see what everyone else says.

would 4 gauge be fine?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

would 4 gauge be fine?

You could but then again it kinda defeats the purpose of doing the big 3. I mean, might as well do it with 0/1 the first time and not worry about having to do it again.

Single ought. 1/0 or 0/1. Gotta do big wire. That's why it's called the BIG three. lol. The bigger the wire the less resistance. The more power is delivered to the amp from the power wire. And the more power returned to the battery through the bigger wire on the grounds from the big three.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

very noobish question coming up

is power wire and ground wire the same thing?

edit: nvm guys googled it and got my answer :P. they are the same thing xD

Edited by tobio19

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

Single ought. 1/0 or 0/1. Gotta do big wire. That's why it's called the BIG three. lol. The bigger the wire the less resistance. The more power is delivered to the amp from the power wire. And the more power returned to the battery through the bigger wire on the grounds from the big three.

okay but having a thicker between the alt and the bat+, wouldnt it drain the crap out of my alt?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical