need a new alt fellas need some ideas

well my stock 70amp alt is ok but i need something bigger so when i get the money flowing again i can really upgrade n put some real power in the taco

so were my question comes in is i need a pritty good high output alt for as cheap as i can get one, i dnt want 300amps n what knot just something around 160-200amp range or somethin i can upgrade from this stock alt, i kno the big 3 makes a diff but wit 70amp alt and big three when i try to jump a car off around the house i can hear the engin wine down even when i got the motor revved so i need to replace this one with a better one

i dont have that much money to put into an alt but as cheap as i can get one for around 150-200 amps will do, my stock one aint but 70 n i thought it was 140 but i guessed wrong

when i finally do upgrade im goin to a better set of 15's and around 2000-3000watts rms, maby 2 dc level 4xl 15's and a sundown 3000d n a few batteries should do it, when i do get money im gunna do a damn good system this time instead of weak shit like i got now, im gunna build another box for my 15's for time being but i need a higher output alt than 70amps, hell my geos alt is 75amp at idle so i unno

ived tryed to search but i dnt kno good alt places, theres an alt place here in town that i could prolly have my stock alt rebuilt and made to do around 150-160amps but that would prolly cost to much

ive got a quote for a 200amp alt to be around $300, i dunno how much this will make of a difference but being that my sub amp has 120amps worth of fuseing n 4ch have 50amps it should be enough to run my system without the back battery but i unno

so what kinda ideas u got fellas? i already got the big 3 in 0guage, in general it should be a big 4, alt pos to battery pos, battery ground to chassis, engin to chassis, and engin to battery neg

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya i forgot, vehicle is a 99 toyota tacoma 4wd 3.4l v6

and budget is as little as i can spend pritty much, i might can spend around $200 to $300 but i unno

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

you get what you pay for with an alt. if you are dead set on going on the low side look up a rebuild kit for your stock one that bumps it to 150ish and get a small pulley to up the idle current. maybe around 100 to 150 bucks and a little time invested in an OK alternator.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

were do u get rebuild kits?

i kno u get what u pay for but i aint got the money atm but a good round about alt that doesn't mind pritty hot or below freezing cold weather for around $250-$300 with as many amps as i can get

n how hard is it to do the rebuild? just take it appart n replace wire coils n what knot?

Just my two cents...

In all my experience in car audio, and life in general, when I don't look further down the road, I always get screwed. Trying to fix something short term never works. You always end up spending more money, more time, and more heartache by constantly putting band aids on problems that need surgery.

I can say without a doubt in my mind, that turning your gain down on your beat and saving up for a couple of extra months is the right thing to do. It always is. Alternators aren't to be fooled with. Just get an Iraggi, get the lifetime warranty/exchange, and be done with it. Done done done.

It will cost you more money now, but you have just bought an alternator for life. If you spend $150-$250 getting your current unit rebuilt for some extra amperage, you will end up doing it again in a couple years and will have spent the same amount of money you would have spent by waiting a couple months and saving a bit more.

But, if you insist, get out your yellow pages, look up alternator/electrical shops. Most cities have places that will rebuild stock alternators and give you some more juice. I've done it once. And I was completely dissatisfied because I had no warranty, and it wasn't enough amperage. It was a band aid on a gun shot wound.

1993 Chevy Suburban

Optima Yellow Top

Kenwood KDC X-993

Pioneer GM-X314 mids amp

Kenwood KFC-4675's up front

Kenwood KFC-415C in back

Fosgate T1500-1bd

Alpine 12" Type X

(Coming eventually: Fosgate T400-4, T1652-S, XS battery, Big 3, h.o. alternator, 18"???)

image,BoxingBuffalo,grey,black.png

Just my two cents...

In all my experience in car audio, and life in general, when I don't look further down the road, I always get screwed. Trying to fix something short term never works. You always end up spending more money, more time, and more heartache by constantly putting band aids on problems that need surgery.

I can say without a doubt in my mind, that turning your gain down on your beat and saving up for a couple of extra months is the right thing to do. It always is. Alternators aren't to be fooled with. Just get an Iraggi, get the lifetime warranty/exchange, and be done with it. Done done done.

It will cost you more money now, but you have just bought an alternator for life. If you spend $150-$250 getting your current unit rebuilt for some extra amperage, you will end up doing it again in a couple years and will have spent the same amount of money you would have spent by waiting a couple months and saving a bit more.

But, if you insist, get out your yellow pages, look up alternator/electrical shops. Most cities have places that will rebuild stock alternators and give you some more juice. I've done it once. And I was completely dissatisfied because I had no warranty, and it wasn't enough amperage. It was a band aid on a gun shot wound.

Oh god now aint that the truth.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

i kno all about what u posted but i aint got a job right yet n my state is pritty much the highest rate of unemployment on the east coas from jobs goin to china n shit so im tryin to work with what i got n still provide for my family, im goin back to school to be a hvac technician n once i get my license im gunna move to the beach n work around there were the jobs are plentiful sence there so many ppl retireing from it n not many ppl want to do it

so pritty much i aint got $500-$600 to spend for an alt right now n i prolly wont have my truck for to much longer cause i need to get a family car so im lookin at somethin cheap yet reliable, ive already spent damn nere $80,000 on audio shit since i first started working n i worked for almost 5 yrs makein around 25,000 a year n 70% of it went to stereo shit n now ive not got anything to fall back on so im tryin to find somethin that aint that expencive n works pritty good

im not into comps n shit i just want to have an all around street beater, when i get a family car i'll prolly just run a good deck with a good set of mids n highs and a good 4ch and that will be it, or maby get a good 5ch amp n run maby a 10'' of some sort

what im tryin to get at is i aint really got money to save, it would take me prolly 2yrs to afford a good alt n i unno if i will have my truck by then or not, n then i halfto save for audio n dunno how long that will take

so anyone kno a round about price on an alt for my truck? i dont care what brand, n i dont need to turn my gain down cause im only runnin at 2ohm n it wont make that big a diff with 1000rms anyways that i got 2 batteries n big 3

so could anyone help without puttin posts about saveing up for shit? i aint got the money to save but i can spend around $200 for a decent alt or somethin cause it will prolly take me about 5yrs befor i can upgrade my system to somethin else, n i dont really hammer my system that hard anyways, im mostly just listening to rock n country, n half the time its just my mids n highs n midbass's

• 2 weeks later...

ok now that i seen what i get back from taxs, what kinda alt can i get for around $300 shipped for a 99 tacoma 3.4l v6?