Second Skin Audio

NEED HELP:8Cu.Ft Tuned to 35Hz!

IMO bung a divider in between the middle ports... loading in that box will be all freaky otherwise, although that's just my take on it...

please explain if u dont mind....im not questioning you..u know more than me..lol...just would like more detail on it so i know next time..

and yes.. .75" mdf

i likes me some audio stuff...

please explain if u dont mind....im not questioning you..u know more than me..lol...just would like more detail on it so i know next time..

and yes.. .75" mdf

Hard to explain without getting all crazy with drawings and stuff... to put it simply(ish)... ports are most efficient when there is pressure at BOTH ends of the port, this is why loading your port gets you big gains in SPL. If you do a pressure model of an enclosure you will find pressure is highest in the corners and lowest in the middle of a flat panel - hence the efficiency of the 2 middle ports would be substantially increased (to my understanding) by adding a divider between them and hence a corner and its associated high-pressure zone... the area where you want pressure is actually at the mouth of the port but this would achieve/improve that anyway.

This would be further improved by adding a 45' or even a kerf opposite the ports ;)

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!