Ok so my friend and I were curious about the laws in our state (North Carolina) for speeding....we came across this....

"A person who drives a vehicle on a highway at a speed that is either more than 15 miles per hour more than the speed limit established by law for the highway where the offense occurred or over 80 miles per hour is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."

There is a 70mph speed limit road on the way to the outer banks that I drive on.

The case is, if you are going 81 on that road.

I think its obvious that you can get one for that speed on that road.

But my friend keeps adamantly saying you have to be going 85 on that road to be liable.

I asked every1 in my house and they all said I was right but its still not enough for him.

Please respond.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

yeah you are right. if you're going 46 mph in a 30, then that's class 2 as it's more than 15 over the limit. or if you're going 81 in a 70, then it's a class 2. or 91 in an 80. tho i dno of any 80 mph zones lol. just an example. it says more than 15 over the limit ***OR*** more than 80 mph. 81 is more than 80

Technically, they can give a ticket for 5 over. Most police (Including my family) Only bother to give them out at 15 or more. So it's up to the police because we all know once they give one out trying to fight it in court will be difficult to win 98% of time. Unless the cop does not show up (Which almost never happens because its like a free day) or you can prove to the judge that you weren't.

Ive never seen classes of tickets in michigan.

Edited by Cr@sh