something is wrong....maybe very wrong lol the mids are the main sound of the set...what car is this in?

are the speakers mounted in the doors? again dude i cannot stress enough that the baffles need to be solid. I have them in 3/4 mdf and it makes a world of difference.

I have my mids set to 80 hz and they take it like nothing. these are mid bass monsters so 120hz is a pretty unusual place to set the hpf.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

when ur runnin ur tweets active are u still useing the amps hpf or u got it set to fullrange?

and if ur mids are at -12db ied like to see em at 0db lol, my pioneer will run active n i was thinkin bout tryin it n see were i get wit my hifonics 4406

i was gunna take the wires off my rear coax n unhook the tweet from its lil cap on the basket n run some speaker wire from it to the front on the amp n run wire from the mid to the rear n just run the front comps the same, it should work being that there the same series n about the same specs too so should jam i think

how hard is it to get bandpass set right cause i got a 12v rectifier that converts 120 to 12vdc and i had a 4ch of mine hooked up n a 3way xover n was playin around wit the active style setup to see how it would sound in my room n couldn't get the freq's just right to blend as good as they would just regular fullrange

and if i was to run my 8's as midbass off the mids active side could i just use a y splitter n work off the hpf?

and when u did ur tuneing did u adjust tweets first or mids? i want to see how loud these will get n dnt want to mess anything up

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Yeah I had not mounted the tweets at the time just sat them on the dash, but just the sound coming out of them was dwarfing everything else. I had to play with the highpass for the mids because they did not like anything < 100 hz at all (think I settled on 120hz 12db slope) :cray: I'll keep messing with it, and if it's still a problem just use an equalizer to turn them down lol.

EDIT: oh and speaking of active, what power ARE you running per tweet / mid? I'm not sure if the tweet and woofer are 4 ohms a piece, and the xover is turning it into 2 ohms, and they're rated at 75 W apiece, or... B)

I just went outside and measured this morning. The mids are 2 ohms and the tweets are 4 ohms.

I am running 125 watts per tweeter and around 200 watts per mid.

when ur runnin ur tweets active are u still useing the amps hpf or u got it set to fullrange?

I have it set to full range at the amplifier because it is already crossed over using my head unit. My deck is doing ALL of the processing for the components.

and if ur mids are at -12db ied like to see em at 0db lol, my pioneer will run active n i was thinkin bout tryin it n see were i get wit my hifonics 4406

my mids are bandpassed at 80 and 2500 each at 12db. I have run them with no LPF and the depth was awesome. Of course I couldnt turn them up as loud before reaching maximum excursion.

i was gunna take the wires off my rear coax n unhook the tweet from its lil cap on the basket n run some speaker wire from it to the front on the amp n run wire from the mid to the rear n just run the front comps the same, it should work being that there the same series n about the same specs too so should jam i think

better make sure its run in parallel and not series or your coax wont work anymore lol.

how hard is it to get bandpass set right cause i got a 12v rectifier that converts 120 to 12vdc and i had a 4ch of mine hooked up n a 3way xover n was playin around wit the active style setup to see how it would sound in my room n couldn't get the freq's just right to blend as good as they would just regular fullrange

well the lower the slope the best the blend. so it is safe to say u are correct lol. It all depends on the components. I have mine crossed at 80 and 2500 for the mids and 8k for the highs also at 12 db i believe. not sure how a roomy environment would change characteristics compared to the small cabin of my car.

and if i was to run my 8's as midbass off the mids active side could i just use a y splitter n work off the hpf?

Im not sure on this one. That would be 3 way and im not too familier with it as I am only running 2 way.

and when u did ur tuneing did u adjust tweets first or mids? i want to see how loud these will get n dnt want to mess anything up

Well quite frankly these mids laugh at the full power I give them so I never worried about how much power I actually give them. I just tweeked it by ear. I know for a fact that my deck does not clip so that makes things a bit easier. I already knew about where I wanted to make my crossover settings so it wasnt too big of a pain. If you are using the same components as me try setting them where I did and then tweek it from there to your taste. If using another component set start the mids at 80 and work your way up. Start the tweeter at 3500 and then work its way up.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D