Sonic Electronix

How cheap can you go and still be satisfied?

did you touch the bass knob :/? not bad for 150 i suppose but do you really want to drop the money a new alt is gonna cost (upwards of 400 probly) on an older car like that? might wanna save money in case the car craps out, and you definitely don't need that strong of an alternator for that set up. Gotta start somewhere i suppose though.

lance2.png

jw im a car audio noob and i was was wandering if 2 type r 12 4 ohm on a hifonics 2000watt would be as loud or louder get back at me thanks

they dual voicecoil i believe and at 2ohms yea they def will be if in the right box and clean setup, or even try a 1ohm load if u got the electrical and an amp thats stable at it, look on aplines site for a ported box and use http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html and use the alpine spec to figure it out x2 for ur box and tune and yea it will be louder nto doubt in my mind

1998 VW Jetta- SLOW N LOW

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Kinetik HC800-works for 2ohm loads:D

My youtube Video's CHECK THEM OUT!

did you touch the bass knob :/? not bad for 150 i suppose but do you really want to drop the money a new alt is gonna cost (upwards of 400 probly) on an older car like that? might wanna save money in case the car craps out, and you definitely don't need that strong of an alternator for that set up. Gotta start somewhere i suppose though.

not worried about the car dropped a new motor in it with 70k miles=], no rest, underbody is in great shape!, and yeaaa i necessarily dont need that big of an alternator but i have big plans in the future and thats to make this the loudest volvo 740 in the world so im starting from the electrical and working my way back i guess u can say?

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

for a 150$ id be happy too looks like it bumps good for what you paid for an alt and extra battery will make it even better and give you a good foundation for a better system when your ready to upgrade

Thanks i appreciate it! and yupp exactly what im thinkn, my amp is stable at 1ohm but with the electrcial drop im seeing now its not gunna be able to run at 1ohm for long at all lol

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

your gettin there brotha! slowly but surely!

haha yeaa real real slowly!

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

bobo what part of indiana you live in?

i live in northern Indiana by Chicago almost in a town called Schererville, i was actually in southern Indiana this weekend at USI in Evansville visiting a friend haha

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

i have a kicke rcomp 8 in an osb quarter wave with a $10 coustic amp. my youtube vid speaks for its self :P

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i have a kicke rcomp 8 in an osb quarter wave with a $10 coustic amp. my youtube vid speaks for its self :P

link please :)

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

I tried to do a cheap, basic system in my new car... all of a sudden there's like $1k of gear in it and I'm left wondering WTF happened.

We had a bang-for-buck-on-a-budget competition over here a while ago. Judged on SPL, SQ and overall crazyness with points given or taken away either side of the budget.

Winning car did 138.7dB and scored reasonably well in the SQ part. Cost a grand total of $144 for deck, 2 amps, sub and fronts.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I tried to do a cheap, basic system in my new car... all of a sudden there's like $1k of gear in it and I'm left wondering WTF happened.

We had a bang-for-buck-on-a-budget competition over here a while ago. Judged on SPL, SQ and overall crazyness with points given or taken away either side of the budget.

Winning car did 138.7dB and scored reasonably well in the SQ part. Cost a grand total of $144 for deck, 2 amps, sub and fronts.

'

I feel you. I had a budget of like $500 for a sub, amp, new mids and highs and that was going to be it for my daily driver and my return to car audio. Now I'm over 1k in myself and I've got about $$1500 more planned for the next year. But I love it!

Congrats on your system dude. You're moving more air than I am. Even though I do have a suburban. :)

1993 Chevy Suburban

Optima Yellow Top

Kenwood KDC X-993

Pioneer GM-X314 mids amp

Kenwood KFC-4675's up front

Kenwood KFC-415C in back

Fosgate T1500-1bd

Alpine 12" Type X

(Coming eventually: Fosgate T400-4, T1652-S, XS battery, Big 3, h.o. alternator, 18"???)

image,BoxingBuffalo,grey,black.png