Pioneer H/U Settings?

SLA actually adjusts the output to a stronger signal and it not only works for the FM tuner, It works for CD's also. and yes turn in up on +4 and it will save you from having to turn you volume knob so damn far to really turn it up .

what head unit do you have BTW ?

HPF should always be on and either 80 -125 HZ depending on if you have a good set of mid's/high's also some of the older pioneer decks let you adjust the curve of the frequency.

to do that push and hold the audio button for 3 seconds and the curve setting's should come up!

there should be 3 different settings in the curve

low/mid/high make sure you adjust them accordingly or otherwise it will sound like pure shit !

and your loudness should have 3 setting's low/med/high adjust accordingly also.

also one other thing do you have the SUB output turned up?

when the deck shows the sub is on or off hit the audio button one more time and it should show you the crossover frequency normal on all pioneer decks is 80HZ now use the up arrow and turn the output up should go up to +6 as stated before adjust accordingly.

and if thats not loud enough for you check on a line driver because that DEH-6700 Only has 2.2 volt preouts.

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

SLA actually adjusts the output to a stronger signal and it not only works for the FM tuner, It works for CD's also. and yes turn in up on +4 and it will save you from having to turn you volume knob so damn far to really turn it up .

what head unit do you have BTW ?

HPF should always be on and either 80 -125 HZ depending on if you have a good set of mid's/high's also some of the older pioneer decks let you adjust the curve of the frequency.

to do that push and hold the audio button for 3 seconds and the curve setting's should come up!

there should be 3 different settings in the curve

low/mid/high make sure you adjust them accordingly or otherwise it will sound like pure shit !

and your loudness should have 3 setting's low/med/high adjust accordingly also.

also one other thing do you have the SUB output turned up?

when the deck shows the sub is on or off hit the audio button one more time and it should show you the crossover frequency normal on all pioneer decks is 80HZ now use the up arrow and turn the output up should go up to +6 as stated before adjust accordingly.

and if thats not loud enough for you check on a line driver because that DEH-6700 Only has 2.2 volt preouts.

Yea I jus got stock inside speakers, I didnt know about the "curve" Ill go out and see if I have that setting. I know I do need to step it up to a 4 or 5v H/U tho, Later. All Im tryna do is get it loud, with it knockn, and soundn good with no clipd signals. So I definatley dont want the loudness on. And idk if the SLA should be at +4 either... Would it be better to leave the SLA round +2, Most everything else at 0 besides HPF, And turn up the gain on the amp a little, Mayb the bass boost to?

Rebuild in progress...

Yea I jus got stock inside speakers, I didnt know about the "curve" Ill go out and see if I have that setting. I know I do need to step it up to a 4 or 5v H/U tho, Later. All Im tryna do is get it loud, with it knockn, and soundn good with no clipd signals. So I definatley dont want the loudness on. And idk if the SLA should be at +4 either... Would it be better to leave the SLA round +2, Most everything else at 0 besides HPF, And turn up the gain on the amp a little, Mayb the bass boost to?

listen very well

loudness will be fine turn it on .

like I stated before adjust accordingly with the SLA and Loudness.

adjust the EQ low/mid/high Accordingly (it will sound much better if you adjust it rather than leave it at 0)

turn up the sub output . leave the gain on the amp alone! ( didn't pay attention but what amp is it btw?)

and screw the bass boost- I never use it ( I have my reasons and some people like it )

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

tooshort.png

724920892.png

listen very well

loudness will be fine turn it on .

like I stated before adjust accordingly with the SLA and Loudness.

adjust the EQ low/mid/high Accordingly (it will sound much better if you adjust it rather than leave it at 0)

turn up the sub output . leave the gain on the amp alone! ( didn't pay attention but what amp is it btw?)

and screw the bass boost- I never use it ( I have my reasons and some people like it )

Amps an AQ1200d. My deck does have those settings. They didnt sound like they made a huge difference tho. it was like 40, 80, 500, 10k and they can be n +2 to w -2. Its rainin out so I cant fuck with my amp. But when I getta chance Im gunna turn the bass boost down on the amp and turn some of the shit on my h/u up. What would you have the curve set at? Thanks for letting me know I even had it btw!

Rebuild in progress...

Amps an AQ1200d. My deck does have those settings. They didnt sound like they made a huge difference tho. it was like 40, 80, 500, 10k and they can be n +2 to w -2. Its rainin out so I cant fuck with my amp. But when I getta chance Im gunna turn the bass boost down on the amp and turn some of the shit on my h/u up. What would you have the curve set at? Thanks for letting me know I even had it btw!

Also I did turn up the sub output to like +3. And itll let me do 50,80, and 125. But they all have to be set the same. When I go from 50 to 80 the settings from 50 are preset

Rebuild in progress...

Also I did turn up the sub output to like +3. And itll let me do 50,80, and 125. But they all have to be set the same. When I go from 50 to 80 the settings from 50 are preset

set the gains on your sub amp with a digital multimeter, or if you have the money pick up an o-scope.

make sure to not use bass boost on your amp. i wouldnt use it on my headunit either. i usually turn the subwoofer setting on my h.u. to +6 and set my gains from there. that way i cant send my sub a clipped signal since my gains are set with the sub setting all the way up. do you understand what i'm saying?

edit: you are using the custom setting for the preset equalizer correct? if not make sure you do this.

(Headunit) Pioneer DEH-P3100UB

(Speakers) Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

(4 Channel) Alpine MRP-F300

(Subs) 2 15" Audioque SDC2.5

(Box) 7.27 cubic feet tuned to 31 Hz

(Mono Amplifier) Elemental Designs Nine.1

(Wiring) 1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

(Batteries) 2 C&D Tech 75 a/h

set the gains on your sub amp with a digital multimeter, or if you have the money pick up an o-scope.

make sure to not use bass boost on your amp. i wouldnt use it on my headunit either. i usually turn the subwoofer setting on my h.u. to +6 and set my gains from there. that way i cant send my sub a clipped signal since my gains are set with the sub setting all the way up. do you understand what i'm saying?

edit: you are using the custom setting for the preset equalizer correct? if not make sure you do this.

Its definatley soundn better the more I mess with it. But Im sure going from 2v to around 8v would be worth it right? Ive been looking at this one, Its not adjustable. Just 8v... Anyone used one of these? Or know of any other line drivers that would work for under $50 http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-TLD22-Car...=item45f0183134

And also something like this. It says adjustable to match exact level required by amp. How do I figure out what that exact level is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pac-Turbo-1-Turbo1-Pre...=item58858b8eda

Rebuild in progress...

i believe if you switch to a headunit with higher voltage preouts all that will allow you to do is keep the gains on your amps set lower.

i believe if you switch to a headunit with higher voltage preouts all that will allow you to do is keep the gains on your amps set lower.

No sir that is incorrect!

the 4 volt pre-outs have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs.

this translates to a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction.

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

tooshort.png

724920892.png

No sir that is incorrect!

the 4 volt pre-outs have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs.

this translates to a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction.

i heard that was only a myth lol. i wouldnt know from personal experience. but wouldnt that also result in the gains being set lower???

Archived