How to find dead center of speaker

Well I'm assuming you mean finding the dead center of a circle? That's easy. But I recommend finding the center of the baffle (or the equidistant centers for multiple subs), use the inner diameter of the sub to set a circle jig and cut it out with a router.

But if you are limited to the outline of a sub, to find the center you need a compass with a pencil and a ruler.

Pick any part of the circle and set the point of the compass on it. Draw a semi-circle that intersects two points of the circle and use the ruler to draw a line across the intersections.

The you bisect that line all the way across the circle, then bisect the new line the same way. Look up on google how to bisect the lines because I really don't feel like typing it, but the final intersection will be the dead center.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Well I'm assuming you mean finding the dead center of a circle? That's easy. But I recommend finding the center of the baffle (or the equidistant centers for multiple subs), use the inner diameter of the sub to set a circle jig and cut it out with a router.

But if you are limited to the outline of a sub, to find the center you need a compass with a pencil and a ruler.

Pick any part of the circle and set the point of the compass on it. Draw a semi-circle that intersects two points of the circle and use the ruler to draw a line across the intersections.

The you bisect that line all the way across the circle, then bisect the new line the same way. Look up on google how to bisect the lines because I really don't feel like typing it, but the final intersection will be the dead center.

do you have any picture of the compass you are talking about?

Archived