Second Skin Audio

Need help with a bandpass TODAY!

sorry i didnt mean so much of not trusting him but more like not knowing his work kinda thing. my bad.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

sorry i didnt mean so much of not trusting him but more like not knowing his work kinda thing. my bad.

Yeah, it's all good, buddy. Being that I'm sort'a "noo" I didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with you guys by starting shit, nor did I want to lay down to any engaging comments. No offense on my end as well.

Thanks a lot for all of you guys help and I hope to be more active here from now on to share and recieve information.

It's your money, and I believe it's only fair to ask questions, and verify the type of work they do.

I think it would be awesome if there was a thread of all the box designers on the forum. That way we could go to this thread and pick who we wanted. This was a promising thread

(here) but it fell kinda flat

this is not to disparage any designer here, but after reading this thread here it made me wonder who is the best of the best? Hay I'm no expert, and the box I had designed for me (6th order bp) was designed by pete when he was at ttb, but it would be helpful to know those on the forum who design boxes...

After 100's of hours of reading the forum pages for many months, I'm still not sure who they :/ (just my .5 cents)

Edited by lookieLue

Well, Ray did help me out somewhat; or Ryan his partner did. I got some measurements and air space dimensions, but I still need help with the port and actual placements of the subs. I've tried to PM him, but I was told he was in a car accident, so I can understand if this is not priority at the moment. The design is exactly what I wanted, so...

Here is what I got so far:

Suggested air space:

Rear Chamber (sub chamber): 3.99cu^ft total (3.612cu^ft net)

Front Chamber (port chamber): 3.06cu^ft total (2.761cu^ft net)

Port: 13.5x2.75x13.5 tuned @ 46Hz

topview.jpg

graphs.jpg

Edited by 528hz