Sonic Electronix

Which subs/amp? mids/highs?

Hi i have 2 mtx 9500 15's and 2 08 L7's.I hit 146.8 with the 2 L7's and a mmats 1400.1 in a 12 cube net slot ported box in a grand cherokee.Im thinking the mtx subs will be better then the kickers just by the way they are built,but what do you guys/gals think?

Im def going to get a new amp if i stick with the 9500's,any recommendations around $500?I was also having a hard time finding what size ported box would be best for the mtx subs since the mtx box they are in just dont hit the lows like i would expect.

As far as highs go im thinking of doing 2 componet systems and 1 coax in each front door.I dont have a ton of money to spend on them and i know you get what you pay for but i found a good deal on Mb quart componet sets for like 65 bucks a set on ebay.What are your impressions of the newer mb quart stuff?

Sorry for all the questions in my first post but after looking all over for good advice i finally found this site after watching all of the videos on youtube.Thank you for your time and i hope to get to know you all better over time.

Mike I

imo kicker>mtx.

if u want better #s try shrinking ur box down to like 8-9 cubes and tune a lil higher. (face subs up, port back)

also imo mb quart has always had nice components :).

nice amp> http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/p...%252d2000D.html

its ~ $100 over ur given price, but well worth it...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

imo kicker>mtx.

if u want better #s try shrinking ur box down to like 8-9 cubes and tune a lil higher. (face subs up, port back)

also imo mb quart has always had nice components :).

nice amp> http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/p...%252d2000D.html

its ~ $100 over ur given price, but well worth it...

I seen someone had the 3500d sundown amp for like 600 and something.I cant find the topic now though.My 9500's are single 4 ohm coils and the L7's are dual 4 ohm coils.IF i got 2 more L7's dual 4 ohm could i get it wired up to the amp to put out the most rms wattage or would just the 2 single coiled mtxs be at the right ohms?

sad to say but i'd run the kickers the dual vc is gunna help you one... you're probably gunna need to spend a little more on an amp.. i'd go with the sundown saz 3500 it'd power them both great, maybe sell the mtx's and use the money for a bigger amp

sundown amps ftw

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

It sucks though cause my L7's are dual 4 ohm and 4 of them wont get me at 1 ohm like the saz3500d.Im kinda in a bind now and thinking of just selling my subs and finding something new.What to do what to do.

most people prolly wont recomend it, but if u have a good quailty amp, and plenty of power backing it, u shouldnt have any problems running .5ohm with four dvc woofers....just an option. I know my db drive amp will do it all day at 14volts...im sure a sundown for example can handle it.

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

most people prolly wont recomend it, but if u have a good quailty amp, and plenty of power backing it, u shouldnt have any problems running .5ohm with four dvc woofers....just an option. I know my db drive amp will do it all day at 14volts...im sure a sundown for example can handle it.

I think my problem would be keeping the volts at 14 with the sundown being at .5 ohm.Little mmats 1400 dims my lights out pretty bad as it is even though i got this 200amp alt and did the big 3 wiring upgrade.I even have a extra stinger battery in the back but still alot of dimming and the volts on the dash goes all the way down to almost 9 when my headlights are on and im bumpin.Im thinking its time to rethink the project before i actually get started.Sub and sub amp wise anyway.Maybe the alt too,its full of fail right now.I appreciate the suggestions fellas.

Im working on getting a saz3500d in a week or so hopefully.I am going to try and sell the 9500's and sold the L7's earlier to a friend.With that amp what subs would be good to go with.I would prefer 15's or 18's.I wont have a ton of money maybe 600-700 for 2 subs at most.

Archived