Second Skin Audio

Regualr Cab Bass Help

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado Regular cab, I just instlaled a bench seat due to a baby on the way, so my center console plans went out the window.

So i still wanted to add some tight clean bass to my truck, I was looking into running something like 4 12" shallow mount pioneer subs or 4 8" subs but dont know any brand thats makes great 8's(need help there) im think dual 4ohm so i can drop them down to 1ohm

What doyou guys think i should get, im kinda on a budget looking to spend less than 150 a sub.

I have a couple of amps that i can run.1 10001 RF and a 15001 RF

also looking to get some good but cost worthy 6.5 components i need 2 seats and multi 4channel amp help me choose some stuff guys.

APPERCIATE IT

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado Regular cab, I just instlaled a bench seat due to a baby on the way, so my center console plans went out the window.

So i still wanted to add some tight clean bass to my truck, I was looking into running something like 4 12" shallow mount pioneer subs or 4 8" subs but dont know any brand thats makes great 8's(need help there) im think dual 4ohm so i can drop them down to 1ohm

What doyou guys think i should get, im kinda on a budget looking to spend less than 150 a sub.

I have a couple of amps that i can run.1 10001 RF and a 15001 RF

also looking to get some good but cost worthy 6.5 components i need 2 seats and multi 4channel amp help me choose some stuff guys.

APPERCIATE IT

Id seriously get four SA 8's by sundown, they beat hard and you dont have to sacrifice space.

Edited by Integra_boomer

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

take a look at the polk audio mm series subs they get loud and they use a neo magnet so they fit in shallow boxes but are not a shallow sub my buddy did a friends truck 4 mm 12 on the soundstream trantula 2000d behind the back seat of a four door gmc truck very loud

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I just saw a couple of videos on it, they are crazy loud for 8's, now all i gotta do is figure out how to port a box behind the seats, you guys got any idea's

You could do a L port that aims out the side of the seat.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

I just saw a couple of videos on it, they are crazy loud for 8's, now all i gotta do is figure out how to port a box behind the seats, you guys got any idea's

id do aero ports pointing up

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

You could do a L port that aims out the side of the seat.

I will look into that, thanks guys now it comes down to 2 or 4 of thoose 8's i made my mind up thoose things are little beast. do you guys think i will have enough airspace for 4 in a reg cab behind the seat box,

Seriously look at the AudioPipe TSF1200 shallow mount high power subwoofer. They handle 1000 watts RMS and are only 4.125 inches deep. I've run them in sealed and ported boxes and have had good results with both.

Up to three of them can be ported behind your seat. :hairtrick:

If you're having a problem locating some, just PM me, okay?