what do you guys think?

Grand prix 1997 SE:

3.8 v6 172,000 miles

needs a lot of work

Tahoe LT 1996:

5.2 V8 82,000 miles

MIGHT need work

trading my car for the tahoe, what would you guys do? its on craigs list and the guy doesnt have a receipt for the engine and claims GM put it in... worth it? I'm also going to be using it for SPL.

The engine in the tahoe is not correct. To my knowledge GM never made a 5.2 chevy motor. The engine that came in those vehicles is 5.7L V8. I have seen some obs tahoes with 5.3 that the owners custom fitted in there, but never the motor the seller has listed. I would check up on it very well. Have someone who knows what they are doing take a look at it with you.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

he is correct its either a 305 (5.0) or a 5.7 350. I dont think they made anything else in them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

wow im dumb it's a 5.7 V8 vortec lol , yeah eigther my dad is coming with my or my friend they both know a lot... my question is, worth it? I mean my grand prix needs some small fixes: windshield , shimms in the rear , rocker panels , tires, new rear door cause theres a dent in the side AND it has has way higher milage on the engine...

BUT

the SUV uses more gas, could potentially be in worse shape and need mroe money, but at the same time I'm going to wall it with 4 15 SSD's so I mean for bass wise and the fact that ive wanted a Tahoe for a long time yes this is my dream vehicle, but money wise does it even out? errr

i MUST ALSO add the Tahoe's body has 240.000 miles that includes everything BUT the engine... so I risk the transmission going or anything else... But if the engine INDEED is only 82,000 miles that's REALLY appealing to me as my car has 172,000 and might not last me much longer.

Edited by jbinn

which tranny is it the 4l60e? If so and it has that many miles its goign to need replaced soon.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

which tranny is it the 4l60e? If so and it has that many miles its goign to need replaced soon.

Truth ^^ I just purchased a new motor and tranny for my hoe and it has 155k on it. I love this body style of tahoe but you have to take into account that at over 200k on the body, shit has been worn down and will need replacing. Shocks, brakes, bushings, etc etc. If I were you, I would wait for something else. Plus 10 mpg on a good day is not for everyone.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY