Sonic Electronix

poping noise when I hit a switch for airride.

ok so I have a 2000 dodge grand caravan. 4 AQ 18's. 4 PA A3000db, kenwood kvt-514 radio, audiocontrol matrix and soundstream bx-12 bass prosesser.

my issue is when I am hitting a switch for my air ride setup you hear a popping/ clicking sound coming out of my interior speakers and when the air compressor is refilling the tank and as it is about to shut off the subs make a noise once the compressor stops running.

I have bypassed all extra electronics (ie matrix and soundstream) all this does is make it quieter then what it was before but it doesnt elimante the noise I am hearing.

You have a bad ground somewhere in the car. Or a bad RCA. Looks like you have a hell of a lot of components in your system to check though :(

Thats what I think as well. I have my amps grounded to the chassis and the air compressor on the negative bus bare.

But I was on termpro and the guys on there are telling me I should switch it around (amps on bus bare and compressor on chassis)

Then someone also made a comment on rca's and how it may be better to get shielded rca's because those are better with not allowing feed back to get into them (or something like that).

rca's are probably ran near a relay or on top of power wires... check those

Yea I was thinking that as well I may have to redo my amp wall so power wires are any where close to rca. The way I have my amps mounted the rca do see the power wires but they dont sit on top or side by side with each other.

y do u have air-ride on a 2000 dodge caravan?

cuz its different for one. There are very very few minivans with it installed on them. You get a lot of talk about it cuz its "Different". Ppl dont forget it cuz its nothin you commonly hear compared to bagged S-10. Companies like different and want you to rock there products cuz they no different is what going to grab attention... If you haven't v=been able to tell yet I like to be different. So I hope that answered your question mane.

Archived