tweeter recommendation please

bgaccord

i bought some CL-61A-25 PRO component and 1 tweeter burn out so im just going to get some other ones,what would u reccommend?

budget $100 for set,dont need crossover im running active,want to get down to 2500hz or close

what would be better?

cone

dome

ribbon

ill be giving it 100watts each

what about bullet tweeters

i bought some CL-61A-25 PRO component and 1 tweeter burn out so im just going to get some other ones,what would u reccommend?

budget $100 for set,dont need crossover im running active,want to get down to 2500hz or close

what would be better?

cone

dome

ribbon

ill be giving it 100watts each

what about bullet tweeters

you're not going to find a tweeter that you can high pass at 2500hz and take 100watts.

What are you looking for out of your tweeters and how did you blow one? What type of sound do you prefer as bullets shouldn't be on the list unless you just want to scream.

I've messed around with several tweets and a few I really like are the Sea's Neo and Vifa xt25 ring radiator. They were both high passed at 3.15Khz with a 12dB slope. Sea's would get a little spitty on a lot of power. Vifa is a little more laid back but sounds very good. Also must be on-axis or output drops off severely.

Archived