Second Skin Audio

RFR 2215 recone kit - Pics

Forevrbumpn

Hey guys just wondering how many people have some of these oldschool Fosgates laying around.

I'am ordering a recone kit for one for a friend, and looks like they have quit a few of these kits in stock at the warehouse.

Pricing is about $60 dual spider, 4" coil, dome

I can get these kits for the 12" and the dual 2ohm option too.

Just thought it would be a waste to order only one, and not let people know there are recone kits available for these for decent prices.

This is the RFR2215

Just hit me up if anyone else has these subs, or similar RF subs- NOT TRF, even though I have parts for those

Kind of I guess looking to get a group buy on these recones

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, got my first recone kit in for the RFR2215, and I'am impressed. I ordered the factory coil, and after market coil- Well, after market coil is just from the newer model HX2 I guess.

going for a 1.5"winding width, to a 2" winding width, and thicker wire. Clears the gap just fine, comes in with the newer model HX2 heavy duty cones, stiffest cone body I have felt , rubber surround, but doesn't come with the original dome, oh well, like I care

So, Iam doing a recone for a local guy, I mean like literally 1 minute of driving away, and getting everything built up for him, here is what I have

DSCN2090.jpg

coil being used, with the spiders

DSCN2098.jpg

wimpy D4 factory coil vs the 2" winding width, higher power D2 version on the right

DSCN2095.jpg

the ass

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2092.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

motor gap

cant wait to get this built up

Anyone tossing these motors, email me first, these may be pretty fun to mess with

The D4 coil is going to a motor I have coming in that I will be doing a D4 10" RFR sub

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I love older subwoofers :clapping:

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

TEAM BASSPRODUCERS, TEAM HERTZ (VA)

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

*Outlander System*152.6 DB so Far*

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

me too man, I want to get my hands on a munch of these if the price is right

maybe build like 10- 10" custom RF Powers

haha

sundown.jpg

me too man, I want to get my hands on a munch of these if the price is right

maybe build like 10- 10" custom RF Powers

haha

Hell yeah that would be the shit right there :hairtrick:

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

I can get the RF domes, with the big RF on them, and they fit perfectly in the cones I have for 10" subs

makes like a inverted cone, so a wall of 10, with the RF domes, all custom built, it just gives me goosebumps

sundown.jpg

Yeah that would look good too

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

• 2 weeks later...

I have coils, spiders, and cones now, D2 coils

Anyone need anything, hit me up

sundown.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

can someone tell me how to test my coils on my rfr2215's? also, what are the pro's to swapping to 2 ohm coils? thanks

2-15" Rockford Fosgate Power DVC's

2-Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1D's

2-SPL 6x9 coax

2-SPL 5.5 coax

2-Kicker Tweets

1-Power Acoustik 2 Farad Cap

PREMIER P480MP HU

Archived