Custom Coil Qs

528hz

I was/am considering this option as well, but I think I'd rather be extra safe than not.

I run a Stetsom 4k2d, and these are going into a bandpass. Stetsoms can be so particular on reactive loads I just don't know if I want to chance it.

The fact that they will be in a sealed chamber which will yield less rise than a ported box is what makes me nervous. I've never run FI's so I'm not too familiar with how much they actually will rise.

I was/am considering this option as well, but I think I'd rather be extra safe than not.

I run a Stetsom 4k2d, and these are going into a bandpass. Stetsoms can be so particular on reactive loads I just don't know if I want to chance it.

The fact that they will be in a sealed chamber which will yield less rise than a ported box is what makes me nervous. I've never run FI's so I'm not too familiar with how much they actually will rise.

.4 ohms wont hurt an amplifier IMO. plus sealed boxes have alot of impedance rise, i dont know about bandypass though

.4 ohms wont hurt an amplifier IMO. plus sealed boxes have alot of impedance rise, i dont know about bandypass though

Hmm...I always thought that sealed boxes rise less than ported boxes...

I fact that a sealed box "controls" the excursion more so than a ported box "can" usually result in less heat generated by the coil and former. HEAT causes rise. Of course all these variables including power given and cooling of the sub play important roles.

why are you worried about rise, this is intended for daily right?

i done understand why people get caught up with rise, just wire it up using nominal loads and be done with it

Stetsom amps are known to be sensitive to ohm and voltage loads depending on the model. Normally, you're NOT supposed to factor rise into a daily setup, hence my concern about DCR and not nominal.

Ive been running my 4k2d at 1.5 daily for months now.

edit...1.5 DCR not nominal.

That's great to hear. I'll try to get dual 1.5s...

Archived