Second Skin Audio

Quick port question

you might wat to add more info about the setup.

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

if you went from three 4" ports to one 4"port it will seriously hinder your subs output. you will probably also get port noise. if your having a problem getting the ports to fit in the box at the lower tuning you want then dont use round ports. use a slot port and you wont have a problem going as low as you want.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

oh sorry lol i knew i forgot to put something in that 1st post. its a triangle enclosure 2 cubic feet. off the top of my head its like 39 wide um 15 deep and i wanna say 15.5 tall. the manual says 3 4x18s will get met 36hz but i figured if i tune it to like 30 my lows would get a little better. I might just say F it do the 3 4x18s cause this setup is just to last me till I can get some 18's so then ill have that super dumby low bass =D thanks for the input so far

Saving for the xxx18, xxx15000d batterys alts mids highs blah blah blah

your tuning is going to be all off. the box is built already for 2 cubes and your going to add 3 ports. the box is now a good deal smaller and tuning changes. also at what volume does that manual say to use with these ports?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its says to use a 2 subic foot box with the 3 4x18 ports. thats what I have now so if i dont mess with anything then its exactly what the manual says. I was just wanting to get a little bit better lows but like I said im saving for 18's the ss xxx18's so I know for sure once I get them ill have PLENTY of beautiful low bass so im not even gunna mess with my current box.

Saving for the xxx18, xxx15000d batterys alts mids highs blah blah blah