Jump to content

Has anyone ever used the alpine spx 17ref 6.5" components?


k3n12ock

Recommended Posts

Posted

I might be coming across a good deal for 2 sets of these. Just wondering if anyone had/has experience with them. Here is a link for them:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10185_...+SPX-17REF.html

  • 6-1/2" Type X Series Component System
  • FREE Speaker Adapters Included: 6-3/4" and 5" x 7" adapters included.
  • Power Handling:
    • Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts each side
    • RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts each side

    [*]Cross-rib aluminum cone

    [*](NBR) Nitrile Butadiene Rubber surround

    [*]1" Dome tweeter

    [*]Cast aluminum frame

    [*]Multiple crossover tuning options with minimum phase shift

    [*]4 ohms impedance

    [*]Thermal transfer crossover chassis design

    [*]Heat sink resistors

    [*]Heavy gauge air core inductors

    [*]Metalized poly capacitors

    [*]4-Level tweeter adjustment

    [*]Tweeter protection

    [*]Gold plated insert with tab

    [*]Secure one-snap cover

Posted

I have these and am currently trying to get an amp for them. But, I have heard them in several cars and they sound amazing.

Edit: I thought it was the pro. I haven't seen these but, I can look into it for you.

New Car!

New system starting soon hopefully depending on money.

Posted

I have them.

I'm not going to say one way or another because I'm not totally happy with the sound, but I think it's a matter of my amp and install. I'm going to replace the cheapie Hifonics I have running them now (passive) and try to figure a way to get more a bit more bass out of them.

Right now they're installed on my door panel with deadener around them, but I think I'm going to try glassing the backside of my panels to really deaden and strengthen them up.

The tweeters sound good but I'm getting a buzzing noise (almost like some of the bass plays through the tweets) so I'm going to rewire/reground some stuff and move my crossovers to see if that helps.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1376 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...