Sundown Audio

Wiring 2-t20001bd Amps On 2-btls

CUT BUDDY

Wiring 2-T20001BD amps up to 2-BTLs. I know U can do (2) dual 2ohm subs and parallel each to a 1ohm load and hook each sub to its on amp because of the master/slave feature on the RF amps. But as some may know....each amp is not actually putting out the exact same power as the amp next to it. So in order to get both subs playing with the same amount of juice can it be done by: Getting (2) dual 1ohm subs and series/parallel them together for a 1ohm load...........then master/slave the amps together (not strapping...just regular daisy chain) and have a 8guage +/- from each amp connecting to 1 +/-..........Basically what I am saying is have both amps combined together to make 1 big RMS watt # instead of having 2 different RMS watt #s. I know some would say just do 1 T40001BD but I believe u can get more juice out of 2-T20001BD amps vs 1 T40001BD the average power sheet on the T4k is around 4500rms and the average test sheet on the T2k is 2600-2800. I was trying to figure out a way for both subs to see the same exact wattage which is why I posted this topic.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Your better off not strapping the amps as the ohm load will be to low. I would suggest you wire each sub seperately to its own amp. That way each amp only sees a 1ohm load. Im not sure if what I gathered from your post was correct, but this is the information I came up with while deciphering your post.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

Using the Master/Slave feature will work to match the amps on a pair of dual 2ohm subs wired in parallel for a 1ohm load to each amp. If you're still concerned about them not matching then get a bdsync cable and strap them together except you will run the two subs in series for a final 2ohm impedance. They'll work the same either way.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived