Laptop power question

I have a presario m2000 laptop, Runs fine when the power cord is plugged in. But when I unplug it after a few minutes it shuts downs suddenly. Straight to black.

I've tried a brand new fully charged battery and it still does it. I also went into power settings and set it to max battery. That didn't change anything.

Any ideas? thnx.

Edited by alvitae

• 2 weeks later...
I have a presario m2000 laptop, Runs fine when the power cord is plugged in. But when I unplug it after a few minutes it shuts downs suddenly. Straight to black.

I've tried a brand new fully charged battery and it still does it. I also went into power settings and set it to max battery. That didn't change anything.

Any ideas? thnx.

im not an computer tech. but i think it might be the power supply that switches from dc in to battery once again im not a tech so idk just a guess

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

is your ac adapter (charger) aftermarket? like is it some universal one? my hp had this issue. the computer need a 60 watt ac adapter, and since the universal aftermarket one i had was 90 watt, it was doing some protection mode not allowing it to charge so it wouldn't screw up the laptop basically

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio XR525 CSi Components (Kickpanels)

Infinity Reference 6020cs Components (Doors)

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio e1800D Amplifier

JL Audio e4300D Amplifier

is your ac adapter (charger) aftermarket? like is it some universal one? my hp had this issue. the computer need a 60 watt ac adapter, and since the universal aftermarket one i had was 90 watt, it was doing some protection mode not allowing it to charge so it wouldn't screw up the laptop basically

Sorry, I find that hard to understand... I have an aftermarket power brick for my notebook (135w'er, and stock is 65w) all that means is that my universal is "MORE" universal as it can charge a much more powerful notebook, which demands more power (CELLS) in the battery. A power brick will only dispurse ONLY THE NEEDED power for what the demand calls for. In simpler terms, think of an alternator, does a 270amp alt put out 270 amps at all times.............NO! Only puts out what the demand calls for...

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny