Thinking about getting a new tv...

thinking about getting something nice for my room to hook my xbox 360 up to...

right now i have one of the Sony Trinitron (or whatever) 36" (weighs like 285lbs.)

it's not a bad tv by any means. i just want something more... badass

lately i've been checking them out everywhere and am thinking about a 46"

i dont sit to far from my tv, face is maybe 6-10' away when i'm on my couch, 12-15' away when i'm layin in bed playing games

is it worth spending the money for a nice 1080p television over keeping my current standard definition tv?

what are some brands to stay away from? some you guys like?

i'm debating between 46" or 50" for the distances mentioned above what would you guys go with from personal experience? i am thinking the 50 is too big and i wont be able to see everything going on

i'll probably get the tv at costco

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

^^ I agree 100% with that... What kind of budget are u working with??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

i was at walmart a few hrs ago n found a 50'' sanyo (i think) plasma for around $600 somethin n it was pritty good quality but i dnt want a plasma n they must not be that good if they went from being around $4,000 to under 800 vs a lcd so i unno bout those

ied get a nice lcd and they make a hdmi adapter for xbox 360's but i aint tryed it, i let my nefew play his on my 32'' with componit cables n it was pritty clear quality picture for 720p

unless u kno what to really look for i dnt see spendin hella money for 1080p but if u want a good tv get one with 1080p @ 120htz

i got my tv at black friday year befor last n its a emerson n it plays pritty good, from all the tvs ive seen i like sony, emerson, samsung, vizeo, sanyo n hitachi

if u want somethin good cheap ied try a emerson, vizeo, or sanyo, but if u want to spend a lil bit ied get a sony or samsung

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya, i set about 10ft away from my 32'' n its clear there so a 46-50'' ied try to stay as far back as 16ft if possable

but for some reason that sony tv they had setup wit blueray was clear as hell from 2ft so i unno lol

ied get me a decent 50'' tv n spend the rest of the money on a good home theature system, i like the 1000w sony setups they got at walmart, that lil 8 puts in work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

thanks for the input guys, i have about $750 right now, if i sell my jeep axles or wait a month ill have $1000+

i think ill go with 46" you can get them for like $750 which i can do

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

• 2 weeks later...

so i wanted to give an update

i bought mahself a 46" sony bravia lcd 1080p 120hz blah blah blah

lots of 46" 1080p 60hz out there but that shits wizzeakkkk, glad i spent the extra $$$

i have it hooked up to my 360 and it's nice, big difference from mah old 36"

i was playin some og xbox games on it and was like wtf is this? but i guess that's the same with everything on the tv

should be getting some good tv hooked up and cant wait to watch the olympics in hd while layin in bed shootin people on MW2 during commercials

one compaint about the TV is that on the HDMI 1 input the volume would cut out... picture was fine, i'd wiggle the connections, nothing changed. plugged it into HDMI 2 and didn't have an issue. Returned that TV, got another, same damn problem, so i said fuck it, looked it up and i guess the sony bravias have alot of sound problems, anyone else have issues like this?

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png