Sonic Electronix

I have two kicker comps right now hooked up to a hifonics 1200 watt amp. Im looking to replace the kicker comps with something that beats a little bit harder but im trying to stay under 300 dollars. Been looking at cvr's and RE SE's (the RE's are a little bit out of my price range) but i would like to get some other opinions. I would also like to make sure my amp is at one ohm (right now its at 2 ohms). So, any help would be greatly appreciated and after i get what ever i decide on i will post it here, thank you!

O, and the box im almost finished building is 1.7 cubes per chamber, ported, tuned to 35hz.

why would you build the enclosure without having subs picked out first?

I was going to suggest AQ SDC's, but that box isn't ideal for them. CVR's sound like crap, but will get decently loud...

I originally started building the enclosure for the comps i have in there now, but then decided in the last few days to just replace the comps, and ive been considering the CVR's, but are they that much louder than the comps? And does anyone know much about AA assasin line? I cant seem to find much info on it? And FI Q's, for some reason there site when i click on the Q series nothing comes up, are those any good?

I used to have two Kicker COMP 15" on 400RMS (yeah thats low I know) and now I run a single 15" Fi SSD Dual 1ohm copper coils (with shipping etc. was around $280) and its EASILY 2-3x as loud (i was suprised given less cone area and the same RMS) so IMO go with a 15" Fi SSD they're under $300 and I've heard mine compared to my friends two CVR's and my single 15" hits harder than even those.

DONT get the Q, they're not daily SPL they're daily SQ... Get the SSD, since you want to run 1 OHM off that amplifier you're going to need a Dual 2 OHM voice coil and I'd suggest instead of copper coils get the flatwind coil (that way you can go upto 1000RMS) which in reality is about what that amplifier is putting out... YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED, my Fi SSD 15" hits INCREDIBLE hard.

ALSO you'll need to build anew box, a single 15" Fi SSD vented taking in 1000RMS will need about 3.5-4.0 cubed enclosure to be ideal, my enclosure is like 2.5-3.0 not including the port and is tuned to probably 40-45hz (was my first box) so ideally even my sub isnt hitting as hard as it should,I could only imagine the right enclosure on a 15" SSD pounding @ 1000RMS you will be VERY impressed.

Edited by jbinn

I used to have two Kicker COMP 15" on 400RMS (yeah thats low I know) and now I run a single 15" Fi SSD Dual 1ohm copper coils (with shipping etc. was around $280) and its EASILY 2-3x as loud (i was suprised given less cone area and the same RMS) so IMO go with a 15" Fi SSD they're under $300 and I've heard mine compared to my friends two CVR's and my single 15" hits harder than even those.

DONT get the Q, they're not daily SPL they're daily SQ... Get the SSD, since you want to run 1 OHM off that amplifier you're going to need a Dual 2 OHM voice coil and I'd suggest instead of copper coils get the flatwind coil (that way you can go upto 1000RMS) which in reality is about what that amplifier is putting out... YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED, my Fi SSD 15" hits INCREDIBLE hard.

Been trying to look at FI's site, but everytime i click on the SSD or the Q it takes me to a page with nothing on it, is it just me? If i click on any of the speakers that say "Coming March 2010" it takes me to a page with nothing on it. Does anyone know anything about the IB3? Ive never heard of it till just now. It fits in my price range kinda.