TWEETER help for the DUMMY!!!

bombout800

I'll start by saying what i'm interested in doing. In the Z there are speakers in the doors, and in the panels behind the seats' headrest. The tweeters for the comp kits i installed in the doors are in the factory tweeter location. The factory tweets are in the top of the door next to the window.

So what i want to do is add something up front. Something that will vocally add an advantage. I got to looking the other day. The a-pillar and b-pillar, where they meet the windshield, could house a tweeter.

My concern is picking the right tweeter for the job. I don't know what will do the job of putting out good vocals clear and clean. I was thinking about going off the headunit only. The tweets would be facing the windshield. I figured this to be a good spot/position for them. I figure the reflection off the window would help to project the sound.

1st question: What tweeter will be perfect for the job?

2nd question: Is the placement going to be beneficial?

3rd question: Will the headunit be sufficient enough power for them?

4th question: Can I be wrong? Yes!! So please school me!

03 350Z

pointing tweeters at the window will reflect well but it will make them sound very harsh. its best to point any door speaker at the opposite seat. drivers side pointed at the passenger head rest, etc.

tweeters are more for very high frequencies like simbles. the midrange handles a lot more of the voice. so only adding tweeters, and facing them at the window will make all the highs very shrill, piercing. not a very pleasant thing at all.

as for power, the hu can supply enough power or it may be way too little. it all depends on what tweeter you get. what you do need is a crossover or elce the tweeter will get a full range of frequencies and you will hear it "pop" when it plays anything thats too low. you dont want a tweeter to play anything below 3000hz.

i think its best to just add another set of the same comps you already have or get a 3way set. this way you dont have to worry about crossovers and you get better sound over a much larger range.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived