Speaker parts- sale

damn that looks sick but i do like the cooling system of the type r

but all im really after is practice reconing

could u get me a build your own sub cheap lol?

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

what about a price for that custom type r or the kit i got a buddy who might want one

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

Yeah, thats why I started this thread, people like to try new things, and I figure this could work like building model cars, ya know, except speakers

I could sell the parts to build up a 10" sub, and you just assemble

Hell, maybe 2 styles of cones, 2 different spiders, and 2 different coils for like $80 and then you get to mess around with combinations, and see what you like best

or just to get a feel for it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Yeah, thats why I started this thread, people like to try new things, and I figure this could work like building model cars, ya know, except speakers

I could sell the parts to build up a 10" sub, and you just assemble

Hell, maybe 2 styles of cones, 2 different spiders, and 2 different coils for like $80 and then you get to mess around with combinations, and see what you like best

or just to get a feel for it

and what would the power handling look like?

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

what about a price for that custom type r or the kit i got a buddy who might want one

The hardest thing about doing custom Type Rs, is the damn frame, I need to cut it with the router, because the type R motor uses only 5 bolts, while the after market frames use 6 hole patterns

About $20-25 frame

$35 for soft parts- foam surround, pulp paper cone, dual spiders

$20 for machining of the frame

you can use the old type R dome

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

power handling is still stock, but after seeing the factory coil, I laughed, Some people put like 1000watts to these things. But I get the same D4 coils, thats the only ones I have reconed so far, the coil is a oddball, its a 1.85- 1.9" compared to a 2" coil

sundown.jpg

ok well prices please for

DIY sub 12 inch dual 4 no taller than 5.5 inches only about 300 watts

and then 12 inch dual 2 ohm about 100 watts

im just wanting to learn something new

and with these home made subs how would i get like rec enclosure volume and what not

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

power handling is still stock, but after seeing the factory coil, I laughed, Some people put like 1000watts to these things. But I get the same D4 coils, thats the only ones I have reconed so far, the coil is a oddball, its a 1.85- 1.9" compared to a 2" coil

lol in my set upive only put like 800 a piece with a couple diff amps b4 they got stinky but that might be because of dirty ppwer n clipping

but ive seen them in the right box and power to handle some higher power for what they are

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

That grey 4 spoke frame Iam out of, those are shorter than the 12 spoke frames

Put it this way, the 10" with the 12 spoke frame and these motors are 5.125- 5.25" deep

12" should be about 0.75" taller using the 12" 4 spoke frame

I can get the 4 spoke frames, no problem, but I need to order in min 1 full box

sundown.jpg

well pm me a price for i guess just a simple kit dont really care about specs just to build one i guess then if successful maybe ill buy some better parts

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

1 DC PAI-120.4

Archived