Jump to content

Speakers getting shredded by SPL


Neo_frog

Recommended Posts

Posted

This current build I'm doing will be completely sealed off front to back, the most air tight and deadened, and the loudest and lowest thus far in my car...

The plan is to have four 6.5s and an 8 for midbass down the sides of the wall in the seal panel and four 6.5s in each door. There's also the components in the pillars.

My question is, should I worry about my highs getting shredded at full tilt? I'm mainly concerned with the side ones. And is there any way to mitigate this problem? My thoughts were to build little sealed enclosures behind the panel but I'm still worried.

Any suggestions? :unsure:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]


Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Posted

if you want your mids and highs in the wall with your subs i would build kinda like a box inside the box for them. if ytour not sure what i mean look at meades build for chickens towers for his living room

R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up.

New Project

[top secret]

149.0 db on music driver window open; so close

I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean....

I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.
Posted
if you want your mids and highs in the wall with your subs i would build kinda like a box inside the box for them. if ytour not sure what i mean look at meades build for chickens towers for his living room

No no, they will not be in the box with the subs. The wall is built, and the sealing panels (from wall to b-pillar) will have the speakers.

Obviously shared volume would destroy them.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]


Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Posted

yea if there not sharing space with the subs they'll do just fine

R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up.

New Project

[top secret]

149.0 db on music driver window open; so close

I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean....

I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1376 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...