Second Skin Audio

4th order

i have a DC lvl 4 18" i was thinking of making a 4th order but don"t know much about them.

the max space i have in my truck is about 8 to 8.5 cubes is it possible to fit one in that amount of space?

In your guy's experience dose a 4th order normally get louder or lower then a ported box

my current box is 6 cubes tuned to 32 according to the RE calculator but i think its off some

band passes are tricky

rule of thumb for a 15 you need 1.5 cubes sealed and for an 18 roughly 2 cubes sealed

2-1 ratio is musical

3-1 both musical and spl

4-1 way to peaky

and there usually tuned roughly to 60 hz

so for your 18 you'd need roughly an 8 cube box 2 sealed and a 3-1 ratio you'd need 6 cubes ported

then comes the guessing/trial error shit and when you play with port area and what not and play with shrinking the box to dial it in

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

band passes are tricky

rule of thumb for a 15 you need 1.5 cubes sealed and for an 18 roughly 2 cubes sealed

2-1 ratio is musical

3-1 both musical and spl

4-1 way to peaky

and there usually tuned roughly to 60 hz

so for your 18 you'd need roughly an 8 cube box 2 sealed and a 3-1 ratio you'd need 6 cubes ported

then comes the guessing/trial error shit and when you play with port area and what not and play with shrinking the box to dial it in

ok i should be able to do that

where dose 60hz come from i realize its different then a normal box but i want to hit real low because 85% of the music i listen to is slowed

the sealed part of the box tunes your lows depending on how big the box is, and the ported being 60 gives you the highs so you have a spread from say 30-60 hz

and as for removeable port its not really necessary but what i would do is have a removeable top layer so you can access sub and the port from the top

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

the sealed part of the box tunes your lows depending on how big the box is, and the ported being 60 gives you the highs so you have a spread from say 30-60 hz

and as for removeable port its not really necessary but what i would do is have a removeable top layer so you can access sub and the port from the top

ok sounds good

and would making the 2 cubes smaller by adding extra bracing make it hit lower of higher?

Edited by ben29555