Sonic Electronix

First off, I want to apologize to all of those who are experienced in car audio if this is a ignorant/stupid question to you.

About 6 months ago I noticed my Kicker 4x6 speakers were starting to sound distorted, decided to buy some new RF speakers for my front plates in my 92 silverado. Just finished wiring them up and it still sounds awful. When I go to balance directly to my front speakers, sound is shitty and severely distorted. However, when the balance is moved the rear speakers, its flawless.

Any thoughts to what might be wrong? I'm figuring either (1.) I need to rewire the speaker going from my headunit to the speakers or (2.) the amp in my HU may be going bad.

Set up

Pioneer DEH-3000IB Head Unit

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 in front slots

Kicker DS460 4"x6" in rear slots

(2) Kenwood KFC-W3011 12" SVC Subs

Hifonics BXi 1610D Amp for Subs

Metra Wiring

Stock alternator

Standard Duralast Battery

Stock Electrical

First off, I want to apologize to all of those who are experienced in car audio if this is a ignorant/stupid question to you.

About 6 months ago I noticed my Kicker 4x6 speakers were starting to sound distorted, decided to buy some new RF speakers for my front plates in my 92 silverado. Just finished wiring them up and it still sounds awful. When I go to balance directly to my front speakers, sound is shitty and severely distorted. However, when the balance is moved the rear speakers, its flawless.

Any thoughts to what might be wrong? I'm figuring either (1.) I need to rewire the speaker going from my headunit to the speakers or (2.) the amp in my HU may be going bad.

yea i think its your head unit cuz rockford fosgate dosent sound shitty so i think its time for u to get a new head unit

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

Thats what I was figuring, I had an old school rockford fosgate 551s amp before I went with my hifonics and it was amazing. Any suggestions on a new HU? I originally had a sony but swapped over to pioneer this time last year.

Set up

Metra Wiring

Stock alternator

Stock Electrical

Well needless to say, a nice touchscreen nav unit would be nice but I don't have that kind of money laying around. I'd say no more than $300 if you can suggest anything.

Set up

Metra Wiring

Stock alternator

Stock Electrical

Well needless to say, a nice touchscreen nav unit would be nice but I don't have that kind of money laying around. I'd say no more than $300 if you can suggest anything.

umm let me check around

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

Im not sure what you are looking for in a headunit but check crutchfield.com,usually when you order from them you get the dash kit(free) and wiring harness discounted. or sonicelectronix.if that dot work someone here will have something really nice for your budget.hope that helps

Sonicelectroinx oddly enough is where I order all of my stuff from. I've yet to see anyone beat their prices, if you can suggest some models off of their website I would appreciate it, thanks for taking the time to read about the issues im experiencing.

Set up

Metra Wiring

Stock alternator

Stock Electrical