DC Sound Lab

need me some noise help

alright ive got 2 10s left and one of them has a noise ( it has had it since day one just never this noticeable...i did tell rusty as well)

at about 3/4s or so of excursion it sounds like i get lots of lead slap... but it is not that i tried holding each lead by finger when playing and it didnt help put ear to pole vent and sure enough te noise is comming from under the dust cap

when i 1st got it i notices if i pushed on the dust cap it could make a "click" noise when pushed wheni mean pushed it wasnt very much at all i dont even thikn it moved the cone at all eather

what could it be?!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

its not the coil its the dust cap or something under it hitting it or something ive heard coil rub... and its deff not that lol

then it's likely to be what ATEAM said; dust cap flex.

is it sealed all the way down, or has it broken free from the cone a bit..?

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

i looked havent found anything its inverted right now so ill have to pull it out and look closer at it last time i looked i couldent find anything or anywhere where it was comming off the cone

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I had this problem once with my lv5 12s 1st year in Jimbo. It is caused by back pressure on the sub causing the button to flex. The noise comes from the cap slapping the top of the former. Also note the lv3 has a thinner cap so it will flex easier. But i know Rusty was trimming the formers down a bit extra to avoid this problem, seeing how there is minimal clearance under the cap due to its low-profile design. The problem is that subs former is a tad longer then the rest and is unfortunately slapping.