Sonic Electronix

We have an old utility truck that has a hydrolic bucket on it, and on the dash there is a "knob" that lets you set the rps's higher by just turning the knob so you dont have to step on the gas pedal. does anyone know where to get on of these for a 2000 tahoe? i think its basically just a knob and a throttle cable.

thanks

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

Yeah it's just a throttle cable. I have an old chevy truck like that and several of our old diesel trucks at work are like that. I'm not sure with that being computer controlled but I'd say that if it still has a mechanical linkage or throttle cable to the throttle body rather than an electronic throttle control then I'm sure you could rig something up. If it's still mechanical then you could buy a throttle cable like used in old trucks from parts stores, may not be on the shelf but any decent parts store could order one for you, but just measure it out, run it through the firewall to the throttle linkage on the throttle body and mount it up where ever you want it and the cable can reach to. Simply pull it out for more throttle, push it in for less. Just like a choke. If it's an ETC throttle body then I really don't know what to tell you. Not sure how high you want the rpms to go but you might see if a high idle switch can be installed by a dealer. A lot of cars have a high idle circuit nowadays, like my little toyota, if you start it on a really cold morning like today was, 14 degrees, then the computer raises the idle up an extra 4-500 rpm until the engine warms up so much. Not sure if this helps any but maybe it can get you started in the right direction. Good luck!

yeah i kinda figured im gonna have to rig one up. being a 2000 im pretty sure there isnt an electronic throttle. thanks!

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's