Subwoofer Volume Control

z71kris

I have mine set at 8 sometimes 9 out of 14, should I move it higher to like 12, and then reset the gain on my amp...I say 12 so if I want to make it a little louder I have something in reserve on it if that makes sense, or should I set it at 14 so it gets all that the HU has?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

well I reset it at 14, max, took my gain down from about 65% to about 25-30% befor I noticed what sounded like distortion to me, and it is audibly louder, and also shows how inadequate my electrical really is, I will be doing the big 3 soon, and then looking to do a second battery, somewhere under the hood....

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

• 4 weeks later...

set it all the way up then mess around with your amp...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

MAX then adjust amp(s) from there.

]INSTALL BAY 50 FT 0/1 GAUGE WIRE.

2 Audiopipe AP3000.1's

2 Fi BTL 18s FULLY LOADED

0 guage BIG 3 upgrade

4 Runs of 0 gauge, secondary batteries.

Xenon HID 5000k Lights

Complete LED switch inside and out!

5% tint

Flomaster super 44 dual exhaust

COMPETITION RESULTS:

---1st place in stock/ street 3 with 152.1

---won Competitors Choice

---1st place in Modified with 156.3

---UNDERGOING A MAJOR REBUILD AND REWIRE AND AMP UPGRADES MORE RESULTS TO COME AFTER THEN

Archived