Sonic Electronix

How do I prevent my dvd monitor from closing when I shift into drive?

So there are two wires, one in the book was labeled as going to the gearbox, and another is labeled Brake. Which do I ground? And Im just trying to clarify, when I ground it I do like any ground wire right?

ground the pink wire!!! thats what i did with mine! and its soo you can watch a movie or something while you drive!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

I just bought a Jensen in dash dvd player (haven't hooked it up yet) I was told it is the kind that the screen will close when I shift into anything other than Park, but the deck also allows for use with GPS and a back up camera, how the hell am I going to keep the screen open while in Drive or Reverse?

Well i think you might have to it confused with the setting that makes it close by itself when you turn the car off.

theres usually two setting-

1st one where you want the screen to flip out when you turn the car on and flip back in after you turn the car off.

2nd one you have to manually push the button for it to flip open or close, then if u turn your car off the screen stay where you left it.

i like the second one better. Just a though tho

ground the pink wire!!! thats what i did with mine! and its soo you can watch a movie or something while you drive!

Ok so ground the pink wire, gotcha. Thats what I was trying to figure out. Now the real trouble, I found out I need to take apart a bigger section of my dash in order to get to the wiring harness

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

I hate admitting defeat, but I can not find the correct wiring harness that according to best buy is buried somewhere underneath the dash. Tuesday I take it in to an audio shop to have them do it..

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)