Sonic Electronix

How do I prevent my dvd monitor from closing when I shift into drive?

I just bought a Jensen in dash dvd player (haven't hooked it up yet) I was told it is the kind that the screen will close when I shift into anything other than Park, but the deck also allows for use with GPS and a back up camera, how the hell am I going to keep the screen open while in Drive or Reverse?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

not sure on the jensens, did you try google? im sure it's on the internet somewhere.... probably a light blue wire that needs to get grounded out..

also it seems you havn't even hooked it up yet, why not hook it up and see if it works ?

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

not sure on the jensens, did you try google? im sure it's on the internet somewhere.... probably a light blue wire that needs to get grounded out..

also it seems you havn't even hooked it up yet, why not hook it up and see if it works ?

Google is rarely kind to me..mainly because I never know the proper wording to find what I need

I havent hooked it up yet because Im still waiting for someone to answer my other question about how to take off the front dash because Im having some small trouble, if I had a spare dash/wood trim I would just put some muscle into it and see what happens

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...t=0#entry962060

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

I am unbelievably pissed off right now, after several several hours of stripping, crimping, and then using electrical tape to help ensure a good hold I find out the mother fuckers at best buy sold me the wrong goddamn wiring harness!

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Sounds frustrating... Most of the time you just ground the parking brake wire on most units. It'll allow the screen to function without any issues at all times. I'd need the model of the unit to tell you exactly though.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Sounds frustrating... Most of the time you just ground the parking brake wire on most units. It'll allow the screen to function without any issues at all times. I'd need the model of the unit to tell you exactly though.

Jensen UV10

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Jensen UV10

I have the exact model you have. All you have to do is have it ground out to play "video". Other then that the

screen stays open and on while you drive. But all you have is the grey and yellow screen. When you put in the

dvd or video cd its suppost to go to the blue screen and legal warning. Have it grounded out and it won't do that.

r00k

r00kHo1.jpg

I have the exact model you have. All you have to do is have it ground out to play "video". Other then that the

screen stays open and on while you drive. But all you have is the grey and yellow screen. When you put in the

dvd or video cd its suppost to go to the blue screen and legal warning. Have it grounded out and it won't do that.

r00k

So there are two wires, one in the book was labeled as going to the gearbox, and another is labeled Brake. Which do I ground? And Im just trying to clarify, when I ground it I do like any ground wire right?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU