Second Skin Audio

Bit Of A Dilemma - Subaru Impreza + 2 15s Box (help)

Hey ppl.. im new to this site but not so to audio etc.. but i was just wondering what would b the best box design for this type of car.. how would U go about it?

I will b gatting 2 of the new orion subwoofers 'hcca 15.2's ' 15''s, as of specs of the subs, well thers not much to go on really apart from this i got off their site

Power(RMS/Peak) 2000/4000

Fs (Hz) 33

Qts .6

Vas (cu ft) 2.648

SENSITIVITY 87db

LINEAR EXCURSION 30mm

DIMENSIONS (in) 15.6x12

thanks for any help u can give.. :)

also a pic of the car they will b going in

post-1513-1181231707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Quin

are you taking out the back seat. doesnt seem like youd have enough airspace for 2 15s in a Impreza

yeah iv taken out the back seats, but i was going to put them back in, i dont mind leaving them out tho,, better than having 3 mates sat in the back IMO.. that usually leads to an empty tank or speeding etc etc :angry:

i DID hav 2 15's squeezed in the back before but they were seperate boxes and around 1.9 cu ft each.. shizer store bough jobbies.. i dont wanto wall the impreze but like i said, leaving the seats out IS a possibility :)

what kinda subs and are you trying to go ported or sealed?

if ported 1.9 is kinda small for a 15

no no that was my old setup, the boxes were crap.. im going to build a box for these new subs im getting, the new orion hcca 15.2 - 15's .. and the box is to b ported!! Just want some ideas as tho how i could do this, as in positioning of the subs, and port or style of box etc etc .. im willing to cut part of the rear shelf if necasary, im sure its not load bearing, il just need a good set of metal cutters or something..

but yeah

il probably hav to build the box inside the car, i dont care il do it,. anyone who knows what box and position would be best, let me know, hey :)

no no that was my old setup, the boxes were crap.. im going to build a box for these new subs im getting, the new orion hcca 15.2 - 15's .. and the box is to b ported!! Just want some ideas as tho how i could do this, as in positioning of the subs, and port or style of box etc etc .. im willing to cut part of the rear shelf if necasary, im sure its not load bearing, il just need a good set of metal cutters or something..

but yeah

il probably hav to build the box inside the car, i dont care il do it,. anyone who knows what box and position would be best, let me know, hey :)

Subs & Port back or Sub back, port side is how I'd do it.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

if your gonna lose the back seat then sub up port forward imo

Are you sayin like subs blasting the shit outta the trunk lid or subs sitting in the backseat facing the roof with the port forward?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Are you sayin like subs blasting the shit outta the trunk lid or subs sitting in the backseat facing the roof with the port forward?

yes

make a false floor, other then that i say get some decent 12s and do it all in the trunk