what to set my resolution to?

i aint tryed restarting the comp or not, now dads laptop has a hdmi output on it and if i unhook my hdmi cable from the cable box and hook into the laptop it works that way but when i do the hdmi to vga to dvi it wont work

i unno if its a bad cable or what

on the back of the adapter i got it says note: this adapter works with dvi-a analog and dvi-i digital and analog intergrate cables, it DOES NOT work with dvi-d digital cables

does that matter for what im doing or no?

Now you're getting over my head lol, idk about those different cables and stuff, I just know resolution, setting up multiple monitors, and everything else on the computer's end. If it doesn't work when you plug the tv on and then turn on the computer then I can't help x:

the cable i got goes from hdmi to vga and i kno it works cause my buddy had it hooked up to his projector in his office but it wont work for what im doing for some reason or i aint doin somethin right

does the 32bit make any diff in it working?

It shouldn't

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

so change resolution and then turn off pc, then hook up my tv and reboot?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ok, im playin around with my sound card now, damn i never known it had all these cool features

its got somethin called realtek hd audio manager, i got a 5.1 logitech setup but only 1 headphone jack output so i dunno how to get dolby digical out of it but im good wit it set to 2.1

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

All the ports on the monitor are input most likely. If your video card has two outputs, like someone said, you will need to enable the secondary monitor. If you are using the same video output as your monitor, then change your resolution to something small, like 800x600. Your tv should be able to display that. So if that shows up, then you know it works and just a matter of finding the largest resolution the tv will show. Also, I know you said it works with your dad's laptop, so I'm assuming you already did this, but is your tv's hdmi input selected?

Actually, now that I think about it, are you going from computer vga->vga-dvi converter->dvi-hdmi->tv? VGA is an analog signal. DVI can be both digital or analoge DVI-D is digital, DVI-A is analog, and DVI-I is integrated (both). HDMI is digital. You can convert a digital DVI signal to HDMI, or a vga to analog dvi, but not analog to digital I don't think.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

ok, im playin around with my sound card now, damn i never known it had all these cool features

its got somethin called realtek hd audio manager, i got a 5.1 logitech setup but only 1 headphone jack output so i dunno how to get dolby digical out of it but im good wit it set to 2.1

Does the back of your computer have green, orange, and black 1/8" jacks? The green will be the front pair, and black is either back pair or sub/center and orange is the other. Your Logitech should have three headphone type jacks in those colors too. That'll get you surround sound. But I think it'll only work if you have software that can utilize surround sound. I've never used it on a pc, but I'm using a sound card made for recording, so it doesn't have surround sound capabilities.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

maby its the cable cause when i tryed to run hdmi threw it to the vga to the other input on my monitor it wouldn't show anything threw it when i had it hooked to cable box

i'll try it tommrow, my son's just went to sleep and i dont want to wake him up so i'll just do it tommrow

thanks guys for the help

maby its the cable cause when i tryed to run hdmi threw it to the vga to the other input on my monitor it wouldn't show anything threw it when i had it hooked to cable box

I'm pretty sure you can't go from vga to hdmi or hdmi to vga. VGA is analog and HDMI is digital. Like trying to play a cd on a record player. Some tv's have vga inputs, but I'm assuming yours does not, otherwise you probably would've tried that. If you get a new graphics card, make sure it has dvi or hdmi outputs.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

i want the cheapest video card i can find that has hdmi, vga and dvi outputs on it, i seen one at staples for $80 but didn't kno if it would work in my system

how do i kno if my video card is a pci,or w/e?