Sonic Electronix

not getting the bass i should.. should i port the rear deck.?orion hcca and zapco..

o.k here is the deal..

in my wifes car which is a 1987 oldsmobile delta 88, i have a 10'' orion hcca in a custom ported 3.7 cf box being pushed by a zapco reference 1100.1 amp..

sub is dual 4 ohm wired down to a 2 ohm load.. all my wire is 4 gauge.

i had the sub in a regular small 1.5 cf ported store bought box and it was not loud like to should have been so i made this custom ported box for it expecting it to be louder.

but its like its not even on most times..

if i run a bass track or a hertz test i can hear the sub plain but it still dont even sound loud.

im thinking its the trunk of the car.. its completly sealed.. behind the back seat is a full metal wall. and then the solid metal rear deck.

if i open the trunk in my garage and play the sub at my loudest volume i always put it it will sound crazy loud and incredibly deep.. it rattles everything in my garage..

also when i bench tested it in my house with a kinetik kc1800 it rocked the shit out my house..

but in the trunk of my car its not even loud at all.. sounds like a 10'' lightning audio sub or something..

do i have to port the rear deck.. should i cut a few 4'' round holes in the rear deck or something...?

what do i do..?

is my problem that im not getting no air into the cabin of the car and thats why i cant hear the sub..?

4 15'' kicker L7 subs ( only 2 being used right now )

1 kicker zx2500.1 ( another soon 2 come )

box is 9.5 cubic feet slot portd thur the back seat

1 kicker zx650.4 amp powering 4 10'' ev dl10x mids ( rear deck )

1 kicker zx350.4 power 4 8'' beyma 8mi100 mid/highs ( 1 on each door )

2 runs of zero gauge wire ( about 60 feet total. )

big 3 done in zero gauge kicker wire

3 runs of 4 gauge for voice amps and eq' and crossover

2 kinetik hc1800 batteries in the trunk and 1 optima yellow top under the hood

260 amp irragi high output alternator ( soon to be 2 alt's )

alpine cda 9856 ipod headunit

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

( search for ( 88bonnsse ) on youtube.com to see my videos..

If theres an arm rest in the back seat fold that down and cut a hole in that fabric and sawsall a hole in the metal and that should open it up so u can hear it.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

of corse thats why you dont hear any bass. your going to need to cut away a lot of metal to get some output into the cab.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i unno if it works the same but my bro n law had a old monticarlo and i put one of my old ma audio 10's ina 15'' prefab ported box and made a new baffle to work with a 10'' n it wanged like hell in his car n it has a steel back seat and back deck but someone in town has a monticarlo with 2 l7 12's in the truck faceing twards the seat with it ported threw rear deck in a ported box and it wanged like hell too

i say cut a hole in the rear deck and put a mesh type materiel over it so stuff dont fall down in it and what knot and it should work pritty good

ied say maby a 4''x10'' or 6''x10'' could work, i aint really did it befor but ive seen it done and it worked good too

just make sure u face the sub twards the seat when u do port the deck

and ive even seen someone box up the back of the seat and port the box into the cabin threw rear deck and it sound good too but theres to much customization in that type shit

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well i dont have an arm rest or i would have just ported it thru there, but i think i will just cut away a nice amount of the metal behind the back seat even tho there is no arm rest and then cut the rear deck and port it..

the reason i would cut away the metal behind the back seat is because i believe it will sound better instead of the air pressure bouncing off all that metal..

so is this what i shoudl do..? what kind of difference should i expect after i do all this..

4 15'' kicker L7 subs ( only 2 being used right now )

1 kicker zx2500.1 ( another soon 2 come )

box is 9.5 cubic feet slot portd thur the back seat

1 kicker zx650.4 amp powering 4 10'' ev dl10x mids ( rear deck )

1 kicker zx350.4 power 4 8'' beyma 8mi100 mid/highs ( 1 on each door )

2 runs of zero gauge wire ( about 60 feet total. )

big 3 done in zero gauge kicker wire

3 runs of 4 gauge for voice amps and eq' and crossover

2 kinetik hc1800 batteries in the trunk and 1 optima yellow top under the hood

260 amp irragi high output alternator ( soon to be 2 alt's )

alpine cda 9856 ipod headunit

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

( search for ( 88bonnsse ) on youtube.com to see my videos..

Archived